POR Mansion Rooms

jaiminee krikit

DIS Veteran
Good morning everyone! I finally got the OK from my DH last night to book our upcoming June vacation to my favorite place on the planet!!! :cool1:
Our last family vacation, we stayed in a RR at POR. We all loved it, but I cannot justify spending that extra money this trip. I still want a room in the mansion buildings. I know and understand that getting a mansion room is not a guarantee.
I want to know - has anyone ever requested a mansion building and not gotten one? I have no desire to stay in Alligator Bayou, so if there is little to no chance of me getting a mansion room, I'm going to book POFQ.
Thanks!!!

Jaiminee !!!

We were in the same boat as you for our May 2014 trip. Hadn't ever stayed at POR, but had done quite a bit of research, our family had just stayed at POR in Sept 2013, so we had a pretty good idea about the resort.

We had no desire to stay in the AB sections, and were a little worried about just 'requesting' a mansions section room. BUT, we put it in our reservation, and then sent a fax in 7 or 8 days out. We were as specific to request particular room numbers, I think we put in 4 different room numbers, but also included the general description of the rooms we wanted. Second Floor, at the end of a wing closest to the river.

Sure enough, we got EXACTLY what we wanted, couldn't have been happier. We did not even hear back about our fax (some people do get an email or call back) but they still granted our requests. It was an amazing room.

Yes, I have requested Mansions and 3rd floor and have gotten my request. I think it all depend on how many people are staying in your room, the families that have 5 people are put in the AB section because of the bunk bed. We only have 3 people. Also you have to add your request when you book or do the fax thing. I have also seen people upon checking in, ask if they can change where they were placed, and CM looks for availablity for them.
I love POR!!

I've only stayed at POR once, but we requested a mansion room and also got our request :)

I will say though, before that trip I really did not want to stay in Alligator Bayou. After going, I think I liked the Alligator Bayou section in person a lot more than the mansion areas. They were more shady and less motel-room like to me. I like the interior of the mansion rooms way more though.

We had stayed in AB side and wanted to try the mansions and we were 0-2 when requesting the mansions. First time was when we reserved the RGR. So yes there is a 50-50 chance of not getting them and wn re requetd them they had 4 mansions available, now they only have 2 for a request. We hope you have good luck:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter