POr Laundry area

Ariel2983

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what type of laundry detergent they have at the POR laundry area..We leave in the morning and DFi is allergic to certain laundry soaps..:headache:

When I visited it was Tide for $2. (And I don't like Tide.) Did you consider Purex 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets? I read here from WDW guests who use these.

It is Tide. We bring the Purex sheets that go from the washer to the dryer. Much cheaper than the detergent at POR.

Can you bring your own travel sized soap from home? That's what we do. It's cheaper, and we know we won't have allergies.

So excited to hear about the Purex 3-in-1 sheets! Our trip may not be until 2014 (1st time WDW surprise trip for my boyfriend's 30th birthday with his 2 boys), but I'll take any tips I can get to make the trip easier!

Megs83 said:
So excited to hear about the Purex 3-in-1 sheets! Our trip may not be until 2014 (1st time WDW surprise trip for my boyfriend's 30th birthday with his 2 boys), but I'll take any tips I can get to make the trip easier!

Don't get too excited. It's been posted here that they are discontinued. Most people have not been able to find them recently or found them on clearance racks. I haven't looked lately.

OP- do you use a powdered laundry detergent? If so then just use some of the sandwich size ziplock bags and fill each with enough to do one load of laundry. Saves money, you can use the detergent that you know won't cause an allergy problem, and takes very little space in your suitcase.

recently there were offers on different websites for free samples of tide pods or purex. i have those saved for this trip. also you might want to check out dollar tree. they have smaller sized bottles of laundry soap (much easier to pack in luggage). last year i bought a bottle of purex for a dollar. i think it had 10-12 loads worth of soap and i brought dryer sheets from home in a ziplock bag.

Just FYI, dryer sheets are terrible for your dryer vent.

OP- do you use a powdered laundry detergent? If so then just use some of the sandwich size ziplock bags and fill each with enough to do one load of laundry. Saves money, you can use the detergent that you know won't cause an allergy problem, and takes very little space in your suitcase.

Good idea.

Dan

When I visited it was Tide for $2. (And I don't like Tide.) Did you consider Purex 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets? I read here from WDW guests who use these.

I used the Purex 3-in-1 sheets last trip and it worked well. In addition, it made everything in my suitcase smell great! I put one under the seat in my car when I got home :thumbsup2

Don't get too excited. It's been posted here that they are discontinued. Most people have not been able to find them recently or found them on clearance racks. I haven't looked lately.

Thats too bad about that!!! I bet you can find them on eBay or Amazon.

I can't find the sheets either. I went to the travel aisle and bought single size Tide packets for under a dollar instead.

minnie mum said:

I was worried about carrying white powder onto the plane. It won't raise any alarms will it? I mean c,early it smells like soap. But airline rules are so crazy these days, I'm scared to bring anything at all.

TandLMommy28 said:
I can't find the sheets either. I went to the travel aisle and bought single size Tide packets for under a dollar instead.

My husband is deployed right now and my mom just bought him a box of the Purex 3-1's from Walmart.

I was worried about carrying white powder onto the plane. It won't raise any alarms will it? I mean c,early it smells like soap. But airline rules are so crazy these days, I'm scared to bring anything at all.

:rotfl2::rotfl: Actually I wondered the same thing myself the first time I did this, but I've never had a problem. It won't set off any alarms. IF they check it, they'll know right away that it isn't contraband.

minnie mum said:
:rotfl2::rotfl: Actually I wondered the same thing myself the first time I did this, but I've never had a problem. It won't set off any alarms. IF they check it, they'll know right away that it isn't contraband.

I'm glad I'm
Not the only one who ever thought this. :) I guess I'll just stick it in my checked bag and not worry about it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter