POR King Bed Option

SunshineKathie

Having a Disney Honeymoon
Hello!

We chose the king bed option for our Disneymoon.

Does anyone happen to know where exactly on the grounds they are located? Are they all in one particualar building like the mansions or AB? are the located at a quieter area(if that is possible) on the resort grounds? Perhaps a certain building we should be requesting, if possible?

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect for our Disneymoon. :teeth:

Thanks!

We have always gotten king bed at POR except once. I've been in the mansions and AB with king size. You will find POR to be a very quiet resort. I've never made a request and always been very happy with our room except once. The one time we didn't get king we were placed in AB 14. You will see a lot of people on these boards wanting that building since its closest to the food court. But we did not like that location wasn't as quiet always people walking by the building. The grounds are beautiful so walking doesn't bother us at all.

That's good to hear!

I have been very pleased with my decision since finding this board and reading threads. We don't mind the walking so that was not an issue for us. We just wanted to ensure we had a nice quiet area for our Disneymoon. :) (One of the reasons why we went with POR).

Thank you.

Had King bed room in AB building number 27... was nice and quiet, but in the middle of it all - would be perfect for a honeymoon!

I have stayed in King rooms a couple times at POR, both times in the mansion section. I have found POR to be a quiet resort and think the spread out nature makes it feel more private. One tip I'd give to honeymooners is that you request a room that does not have a connecting door. Since some families like a King room for the parents and a double room for the kids, I've found that many King rooms have the connecting door. Unfortunately, these doors are much less sound-proof than the walls and I had a bad experience with hearing next door neighbors through these doors at both POR and CBR. If you're looking for quiet and privacy on your "Disneymoon", be sure to ask for no connecting door.

This past January, we had a King bed in Room 8030 of Acadian House. That was a non-smoking, first floor room within a 2 minutes walk of the North Depot. Have a wonderful honeymoon! :cool1:

DH and I are king bed people...he is 6'3" and I am 5'7", and neither one of us is what one would call "petite". ;)

We always get a king bed. They tend to be on the corners of the resort walkways, so you get an extra window, which is nice. You also end up with a tad mor eopen floor space, so the room seems more spacious, even if square-foot-wise it is exactly the same as the other rooms.

DH and I stayed at POR (then Dixie Landings) for our 1 year anniversary. We were in building 27, king bed, corner room. It was very quiet, barely anyone walked past our room and the walk to the buses and food court were nice. The only thing I didn't like was it seemed like the folks in the room above us spent a lot of time running in their room. I would recommend staying on the second floor just because that was annoying. Congratulations and have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter