POR-French Quarter

godchaser

disaddict
We are going in July, this will be our third year at WDW.:banana: We are staying at the French Quarter, can anyone tell me how long the bus rides usually are? Last year we stayed at a value resort and the bus took forever to get to the parks and we usually had to stand up the whole way.

We have stayed at POFQ for the last two years. Its a great resort in a superb location. The furthest park is Animal Kingdom which takes about 20 minutes. HS, Epcot and DTD are all about 10 minutes away - there's even a boat to DTD which takes about 20 mins and is a great way to get there.

If I had one complaint about the buses, it would be that they are often (not always) shared with the Riverside (at least they were in October - it might be different in high season). This means that after picking up at FQ they proceed to Riverside which has 4 stops. It can take 15 minutes or so just to get on the road when this happens. Also, when going to DTD on the bus, it arrives from Riverside first.....invariably full with standing room only.

I hope this helps.

For our 20th trip to DW 3 weeks ago we stayed at POFQ for the first time and LOVED IT!!! One of the things we loved most was the location, so close to MK, DHS and Epcot and of course, the boat to DTD. The bus rides were very short and we only shared with POR to and from AK. I hope you have a wonderful time at FQ!!! :goodvibes

You can check out the POFQ thread for excellent info on the buses.

POFQ does share buses with her sister resort, POR, at very busy times. However, POFQ is always the first stop to and from the parks, if it does share. Of course, when it is on its own bus, and there is only one stop, it is very convenient.

When it does share with POR, POR does have multiple stops, so it could add about five or six minutes to your ride. Either way, I don't think I have had a bus ride longer than 15 to 20 minutes.

You should not have any problem with the buses, unless you go at a very busy time of day and year, which could happen at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter