POR FQ or ASMusic Family Suites

Kaotica

Mouseketeer
Hi! We will be staying at Disney for 16 nights this July. It will be myself, husband and 2 kids (11yo and 8 yo). We have stayed at POFQ many times now, but was wondering if it is worth it to pay an extra ( a little under $3000) and switch to the ASMusic family suites. I like that the suites have 3 beds as well as 2 bathrooms and the full sized fridge. I love the resort grounds of POFQ though. We haven't stayed at the All Star resorts. Do you think it's worth it to switch over to ASM for the more space? TIA!

Have you looked at Port Orleans Riverside? They have 5th sleepers, so you would have the third bed but still have the grounds you like from FQ. You would also have more food options with Disney Springs with such a long stay.

Hi! We will be staying at Disney for 16 nights this July. It will be myself, husband and 2 kids (11yo and 8 yo). We have stayed at POFQ many times now, but was wondering if it is worth it to pay an extra ( a little under $3000) and switch to the ASMusic family suites. I like that the suites have 3 beds as well as 2 bathrooms and the full sized fridge. I love the resort grounds of POFQ though. We haven't stayed at the All Star resorts. Do you think it's worth it to switch over to ASM for the more space? TIA!
Have you looked at any of the deluxe resorts like AK, SSR or OKW? If you have an AP or Disney Visa discount for your travel dates the cost might be closer to the AS suite than you think … DVC rental would be cheaper but comes with some restrictions … POFQ is the first resort we stayed at so it holds a special place for us, definitely wouldn’t pay 3k more for All Star

Last edited:

Have you looked at Port Orleans Riverside? They have 5th sleepers, so you would have the third bed but still have the grounds you like from FQ. You would also have more food options with Disney Springs with such a long stay.
I have and while the 5th sleeper is great, the 2nd bathroom was really appealing at the suites. And you're totally right about the food options. I think I will stick with POFQ.

Have you looked at any of the deluxe resorts like AK, SSR or OKW? If you have an AP or Disney Visa discount for your travel dates the cost might be closer to the AS suite than you think … DVC rental would be cheaper but comes with some restrictions … POFQ is the first resort we stayed at so it holds a special place for us, definitely wouldn’t pay 3k more for All Star
Hi! Yes, I have looked at the deluxe resorts and you're right the pricing is similar. I was looking forward to the extra bathroom. I have done DVC rentals before but it has always made me a little nervous that the owner could potentially cancel it at any time. Hasn't happened lol but my anxious brain tells me otherwise. Thanks for your input! I think i will stay w POFQ.

Have you thought of doing a split stay? With 16 nights, I would rather stay at 2 different resorts, just for variety alone.

I have and while the 5th sleeper is great, the 2nd bathroom was really appealing at the suites. And you're totally right about the food options. I think I will stick with POFQ.
I totally get it. We stayed for 9 nights at AKL last September and got so bored with the food options, so it’s kind of stuck in my mind. 😅

And maybe if you check next time there’s a discount release you could grab a suite or 1 bedroom somewhere like OKW? I remember seeing some pop up for around the same as FQ last year.

Have you thought of doing a split stay? With 16 nights, I would rather stay at 2 different resorts, just for variety alone.
My husband would prefer not to do a split stay since it’s a pain in the butt to pack and unpack. But I’m open to it 😄.

I totally get it. We stayed for 9 nights at AKL last September and got so bored with the food options, so it’s kind of stuck in my mind. 😅

And maybe if you check next time there’s a discount release you could grab a suite or 1 bedroom somewhere like OKW? I remember seeing some pop up for around the same as FQ last year.
Yes! Lol tbh we get sick of “Disney food” after a week. Even when we stayed at the Polynesian, we got sick of the pulled pork nachos quickly lol. Thanks for the suggestion. I do see AKL 1 bedroom available for almost the same as the ASM suites.

My husband would prefer not to do a split stay since it’s a pain in the butt to pack and unpack. But I’m open to it 😄.
We also are not fans of a split but for 16 days we would not hesitate to do it. We "hate" packing back up, especially since we drive and we bring a lot more then if we flew. But with 16 days, you just take 1 day to pack, move, unpack (we always have to unpack :D ) no need to rush and you can just hang out at the new resort or go to DS or totally offsite. You get a different resort feel, food etc. The problem we have with the deluxe food option is that their QS is usually really lacking and gets old fast. and we do not want to keep spending the $$$ for their TS places, so we would not do 2 deluxes on a split. What about AS Suite and POFQ, because with staying at POFQ you can easily go over to POR and eat there as well and Boatwrights is a very good TS place.

Yes! Lol tbh we get sick of “Disney food” after a week. Even when we stayed at the Polynesian, we got sick of the pulled pork nachos quickly lol. Thanks for the suggestion. I do see AKL 1 bedroom available for almost the same as the ASM suites.
That's a tough one - our 2 favourite resorts: POFQ and AKV. If you could swing it, I would consider the 1 bedroom villa that way you get the full kitchen and a washer and dryer, which is nice especially for your length of stay. If you're sick of the Disney food, you could prep your own and it is nice to throw that laundry in the washer and head to the parks. Oh and if you stay at Kidani, you would get 2 full bathrooms! We also usually do a couple of days at POFQ as we love it so much. Like you we do long stays (14-16 days) but then we only go every other year on our trips. Have a fabulous vacation!

That's a tough one - our 2 favourite resorts: POFQ and AKV. If you could swing it, I would consider the 1 bedroom villa that way you get the full kitchen and a washer and dryer, which is nice especially for your length of stay. If you're sick of the Disney food, you could prep your own and it is nice to throw that laundry in the washer and head to the parks. Oh and if you stay at Kidani, you would get 2 full bathrooms! We also usually do a couple of days at POFQ as we love it so much. Like you we do long stays (14-16 days) but then we only go every other year on our trips. Have a fabulous vacation!
That's a tough one - our 2 favourite resorts: POFQ and AKV. If you could swing it, I would consider the 1 bedroom villa that way you get the full kitchen and a washer and dryer, which is nice especially for your length of stay. If you're sick of the Disney fooown and it is nice to throw that laundry in the washer and head to the parks. Oh and if you stay at Kidani, you would get 2 full bathrooms! We also usually do a couple of days at POFQ as we love it so much. Like you we do long stays (14-16 days) but then we only go every other year on our trips.
We also are not fans of a split but for 16 days we would not hesitate to do it. We "hate" packing back up, especially since we drive and we bring a lot more then if we flew. But with 16 days, you just take 1 day to pack, move, unpack (we always have to unpack :D ) no need to rush and you can just hang out at the new resort or go to DS or totally offsite. You get a different resort feel, food etc. The problem we have with the deluxe food option is that their QS is usually really lacking and gets old fast. and we do not want to keep spending the $$$ for their TS places, so we would not do 2 deluxes on a split. What about AS Suite and POFQ, because with staying at POFQ you can easily go over to POR and eat there as well and Boatwrights is a very good TS place.
We drive also, so we also pack more than the usual flying traveler. I agree with you and the deluxe food options. My kids are picky eaters so they are content with chicken nuggets every night 😖. Thanks for your suggestion. I’m going to see if i can convince my husband to do a split. Maybe it will feel like 2 vacations 😆.

I was looking into the 1 bedroom villa at AK and it’s not too much more than the ASMusic suites (however a good amount more than POFQ). I love staying at the villas. Like some have suggested, perhaps I will try and do a split. POFQ first then maybe AK 1 bedroom suite. Thanks so much for your helpful input! 😀

I was looking into the 1 bedroom villa at AK and it’s not too much more than the ASMusic suites (however a good amount more than POFQ). I love staying at the villas. Like some have suggested, perhaps I will try and do a split. POFQ first then maybe AK 1 bedroom suite. Thanks so much for your helpful input! 😀
You'll have to come back and let everyone know what you decided!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter