POR for 5? Trundle?

sersee05

DIS Veteran
ok I have researched online for the POR for a fam of 5. I have three kids and 2 adults in my party. We have been going back and forth between staying onsite and off...I ended up changing my dates so now I can get the free dining plan..

When I look up the POR it says "some" rooms have trundles which would make the room hold 5. Do you know if that can be a guaranteed to get a room with a trundle? Do all of them have trundles? I know it's two double beds..so it will be a tight fit for us ..but we have to have that trundle..I want to take advantage of the free dining.

A party of 5 will be given a room with the trundle. We are also a family of 5 and stay at POR. The room isn't huge but we don't spend lots of time in it. The resort is beautiful. I am a southerner transplanted in the mid-west and it reminds me so much of home! Enjoy your planning.:goodvibes

The Trundle beds are in the AB--Alligator Bayou Section.
I have read that if you are booked and POR runs out of Trundle Beds
that they will offer a Roll away.
POR is a Beautiful, peaceful Resort and is my Favorite Mod.
I am also a transplanted Southerner and POR makes me feel
like I'm back home.

we are also a family of 5 and have stayed at Alligator Bayou in POR. It was beautiful. I agree w/the other poster that the room is small, especially if you have lots of luggage for a family of five and stroller in the room. We also hardly spent time in our room. Not sure how old your children are, mine were 7, 5 & 2 when we stayed there. The 2yr old slept in the trundle and it was fine for her. But it felt small, it's smaller than a twin mattress. Not sure if I had to put my 7 yr old in it how happy he would be sleeping there. So you may want to keep that in mind.

I've heard and read that ASM (I believe) has family suites that sleep 6. I would love to see what they look like maybe we would try that. This year we are going w/ the DMIL & DFIL and requesting adjoining rooms so that one of the kids will sleep in the room with them. We are staying at POP this time.

Hope this helped! have a wonderful time whatever you decide :)

If they book you a reservation, then you will get a room that sleeps 5. As others have said, with the trundle or at the very least, a rollaway bed.

We booked at POR once, and were told we were guaranteed the trundle since those are the only POR rooms they can take reservations for 5 people.

A party of 5 will be given a room with the trundle. We are also a family of 5 and stay at POR. The room isn't huge but we don't spend lots of time in it. The resort is beautiful. I am a southerner transplanted in the mid-west and it reminds me so much of home! Enjoy your planning.:goodvibes

:thumbsup2
Great Resort!
have a wonderful stay!

I am going in Nov. and have 3 adults and 3 small children (4,2,2) we booked a room with a trundle, but I think I would rather be in the mansions area with a rollaway. Do you think they would do this? Would'nt a rollaway be better than a trundle in the bayou? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter