POR Food Court Updates anyone?

daver

Dismaniac
Does anyone know how the renovations are going at POR foodcourt? If so, what are they doing.... just an fresh coat of paint or big changes?

I hear the renovation will be going on until March or April. I myself was wondering what they are actually doing to it. Anyone who knows what the end result will be, please post!

Does anyone know how the renovations are going at POR foodcourt? If so, what are they doing.... just an fresh coat of paint or big changes?

This really didn't bother me until recently. I sure hope it gets done before we go!

I think it's supposed to been done some time in April. Sometimes Disney does open things up later then they say, so I'm hoping it will be done by our May trip! I can't imagine Disney not having it open by Memorial Day though... I don't know what I would do without refillable mugs etc! If anybody has any information about it that would be great though, we all know how important the food court can be!:)

this stinks! we are going in march I hope hope it is done

I called she said mid month in march so we will see???

When I was down there (before the shutdown), I was told that they were going to be replacing the kitchen. They were redoing the floors while I was there - exactly as they were before, just new wood - so I assume there won't be too many changes to the seating areas.

For those of you wondering, someone else on this board posted that the refillable mugs can still be bought and the Drink Island is still open. The food court also does some kind of breakfast too. Boatwrights now does a lunch to go with the dinner and breakfast that they already served.

Here is the temporary lunch menu:

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bwl.htm

My DH and I just got back on Monday. They have the actual food counter boarded up and when we were in there Mon am, you could hear the sounds of construction going on (hammers, power tools etc)..

The Drink island was still open- they also had the coolers available with sandwiches, fruit, veggie platters, juices, milk, sodas etc. As well as a freezer case with ice cream. They did also have chips and assorted snack items.

The hot plated items were available at breakfast and dinner only- The breakfast was a plate with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, waffles etc.
It was a lot of food- easily enough for 2 people to share.

The dinner selection was usually a meat and veggies (pot roast, roasted chicken etc..)

Sorry I didn't take any pics of the construction- I meant to but time seems to go faster in "the World" and before I knew it I was on a plane back home... :(

Hope this helps!

We just got back on Saturday and we stayed at POFQ because we knew the food court was closed at POR. We walked over there for dinner and went through the food court. They have a buffet breakfast and dinner set up in the seating area. They have racks with bakery goods and the refrigerated section is open (sandwiches, fruit etc.). The rest of the food court food serving area is boarded up. I did not even see toaster or microwaves, so if you get pastires from the self serve racks, you can not heat them up.

We love POR but were so glad that we stayed at POFQ because of the food court issue. The walk to see "BOB" and eat a sit down meal was only about 7minutes from the FQ. We eat more on the go, so the food court was important to our family.

Having said that, I would stay at POR again, and would stay at FQ as a fall back option.

IMOP - If you have stayed at POR before and eaten at the food court, and like the feel of it - you will be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter