• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR Food Court Rehab

kribit

DIS Veteran
hi,

Took a 2 month break from the boards after our Sept trip and I'm back planning a May trip. :)

I read in an earlier post that POR is rehabbing their food court. Does anyone know about this (when, how long, etc...)?

DH and I are trying to decide whether to book POR for the 5th time, or go outside of our box and try another resort. :) :)

I have a reservation at POR. I recieved a letter informing me that "Beginning January 2, 2007, The Riverside Mill, our quick service dining location, will be closed to Guests so we may begin a refurbishment effort. We expect the work to be completed by mid-April 2007. During this time, please note that a limited menu selection will be available for breakfast and dinner as well as a Grab n' Go selection at lunch, in the area adjacent to the Riverside Mill."

It goes on to note that Boatwright's Dining Hall will remain open offering breakfast and dinner, as well as a limited lunch menu.

Hope this helps.

I have had a reservation for several months at POR and have never received a letter. When did you receive your letter? Just curious.

I made my reservation in November and received the letter a few weeks later. It all depends on the time you will be there. I don't believe they sent it to all reservations, just those they think will be affected by the rehab.

Dina Marie

:wizard:

I was told by my CAA agent that I will recieve it when I get my luggage tags and confirmation information in the mail, which will be closer to my arriving date at WDW. Tinkerbelle32 the CS will still be open until the 2nd week in January I heard so it might no effect you yet.

I booked in Nov as well and have not received anything. Our trip is in March and we are on the dining plan for the first time.
Nice....
Wonder why only a few people got a letter. Disney has all my info , including my email.
I booked through a aaa agent. I wonder if that makes a difference.
Did you book directly through Disney?
I think they should be informing guests ahead of time, not wait until they get there.
Just my 2 cents.

I am also curious as to wether or not they will be selling the refillable mugs during the refurs time? Also we schedualed months ago and never received a letter. Please let me know if anyone knows about the mugs. Thanks

We just received our luggage tags yesterday and still no letter. I called Disney a few weeks back and was told that it would be closed during our stay, but refillable mug stations would still be available. Hope this helps!!

I booked through CAA and my agent was the one who called directly to disney and they said I would be getting the letter likely with my package.
Looking through the dis board and allears they both are saying that the food court will be minimal and will be where you usually sit and eat. They will also have snacks to go and the refillable drinks rumour has it will be at the pool???
As soon as I get my stuff I will let everyone know.

We stayed at WL last year when their CS was undergoing rehab. It really wasn't that bad. They just offered less selections (i.e., breakfast - pastries, cereal, etc.; lunch - sandwiches, pizzas, etc.; dinner - same type of thing). We found that we used it and really liked it. Seems to be following us since we are staying at POR during the rehab this time. :lmao:

I am hoping that as soon as someone returns from POR during the refurbishment of the food court they post and let us all know what is really going on! I for one am really anxious to hear about it.

I too have not received any letter and leave in 6 weeks. This upsets me as the food court is a HUGE part of our lunchtime meals. My family also has no other low cost choice but to stay here as we are a family of 5 plus infant.

Thanks Tinkerbelle32: I'm sure all of us will appreciate any updates you can provide!!

PS...2 days to go??...HAVE A BALL!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter