POR Food Court Refurb: Did you get a letter?

RedSoxMom

Earning My Ears
Did anyone get a letter regarding the POR food court refurbishment starting Jan 2 - March. My party is staying at this hotel and was never notified. Disappointed to find this out at such a late date with no way of changing hotels now.

I received the letter this week as well. We are not travelling until the end of March so I was able to cancel. I know it's not the end of the world to not have the food court fully available to us, but, I don't want to spend $189.00 per night and not have all the amenities available to me.

I'm sure that you will still have a marvelous trip!

We are leaving in one week and I only found out online. I never received a letter. I was kinda bummed about that being that on the ddp our table service meals are reserved for other places and we were hoping to use some of our cs meals there during mid-day breaks. Bummer... but not enough to ruin my time there! I won't let it... we're way too excited!

I'm staying at POFQ in February and received someone else's letter. So if anyone's name is Denise and you didn't receive a letter it's because I got it.:confused3

My brother is staying at this resort as part of our grand gatherings. Can somebody give me details? Is the entire food court closed?

My brother is staying at this resort as part of our grand gatherings. Can somebody give me details? Is the entire food court closed?

Tinkarooni - yes, the food court will be closed for renovation, but Boatwright's (sit-down restaurant) will be open, and I believe they have a poolside bar which will be open where you can get snacks and stuff, although probably not breakfast. Some people have switched their reservations from Riverside to French Quarter as a result, as the food court at FQ will be open.

I'm staying at POFQ in February and received someone else's letter. So if anyone's name is Denise and you didn't receive a letter it's because I got it.:confused3

The same exact thing happened to me! I received someone else's letter too!

I thought I read someplace that they would still have some grab and go items available even though the food court was closed. Perhaps I am wrong ... but that was my understanding. When I read it, I had a vision of it being similar to what they do at the YC in the lobby area in the morning.

We lieave in 28 days:banana: and we never recieved a letter. I hope it isn't as bad as I think it might be:sad2:

when are the renovations supposed to be done?

And what is it with my luck? I booked WL last year, and their food court was down for renovations. Now this year, I book POFQ, while POR's food court will be under renovation?????? That means POFQ's food court will be insane!!

Ack!
Dates for completion anyone?

Beth

I'm not quite sure that will be true. We've stayed at POR a couple times. To me, it would probably be easier to get breakfast at whatever park we are going to or make a ADR for Boatwrights. I'm not sure I would want to walk to the foodcourt at POFQ for a meal -- carrying my mugs -- and then go all the way back to the room to get rid of them -- and then go to the park. It would probably be easier for many just to grab at the parks. As I understand it, they will have some grab and go items so people may decide to do that rather than make the effort to get to the POFQ. That said, I am sure that the FQ will be full most of the time -- as many may change their ressies to there instead of Riverside --if they don't have 5 in a room. I'm sure someone will post here when they return in January. I think the food court is scheduled to be closed through the first of April but I'm not positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter