POR discounts??

princessap

DIS Veteran
Do these ever happen?? I want to book here for a 3 night stay with my dd and I in October but can't find any discounts available?? Is it possible one will turn up or is that a long shot??
Thanks

My dd picked movies resort so those are my choices??

If you book through orbitz right now, they have a 15% off promo code - '48hrsale'. I believe the promo code expires at noon today. You can buy your tickets if you need to separately either through a third party vendor like Undercover Tourist or with Disney. If you have an ebates account, use that when booking with Orbitz for even more savings.

The Disney website has fall discounts of 15% and 20% at POR, depending on your dates. Click on Special Offers for the details. Also, Disney VISA cardholders get discounts. The Disney website will often indicate that no discounted rooms are available, but if you call, you might get one. We did that this summer.

I too am hoping for a discount. I haven't seen any yet.

Weren't you looking for POFQ? POFQ seems to rarely have discounts. POR on the other hand does get them, but October might be getting a little late to find any available discounts.

I'm sure that the "book by" date for discounts direct from Disney has probably passed for October. The late November/December one is currently on the site as still available, but I'm sure limited because it has been out a while now. Previous poster indicated that Orbitz has one today, but that's passed now too. Maybe a TA might be able to assist you? Just to remember, Disney room discounts are never blanket for all of their rooms at all of their resorts--usually limited to what hasn't sold when the announce a discount--even if they are offering a discount, your resort may not have any availability for that particular offer. Anyway, just my 2 cents; take them for what they're worth! Good luck in your search--I really hope you get there after all!!

Just to update. I did get a discount for POR. We like the resort a lot and were happy to get a discount. It took multiple days and multiple times of checking on the MDE website to find it. :) Persistence paid off.

I got POR for $134 a night through Orbitz for a regular room. The 15% off has been going on for awhile now. I booked a couple weeks before travel dates.

Weren't you looking for POFQ? POFQ seems to rarely have discounts. POR on the other hand does get them, but October might be getting a little late to find any available discounts.

This is kinda of true. POFQ is our "home" resort and I've gotten the "late summer/early fall" discount the last 3 years at POFQ. Just gotta watch for when the specials come out. If you are looking for FD then POFQ will very rarely be added (it was last year but not this year).

The main thing is to check the "special" link on the disney booking page. :)

This is kinda of true. POFQ is our "home" resort and I've gotten the "late summer/early fall" discount the last 3 years at POFQ. Just gotta watch for when the specials come out. If you are looking for FD then POFQ will very rarely be added (it was last year but not this year).

The main thing is to check the "special" link on the disney booking page. :)
I am not looking for free dining. My husband was disappointed it was POR again, he wanted the FQ. I will keep checking for discounts for there or some other moderate for a change. ;)

I got POR for $134 a night through Orbitz for a regular room. The 15% off has been going on for awhile now. I booked a couple weeks before travel dates.
Wow that is a great rate!!!! I have never gotten one that cheap!

Wow that is a great rate!!!! I have never gotten one that cheap!
I see you are staying for 3 nights. When I was looking, I was putting in different numbers of nights. If I put in less than 5 nights, the price bumped up about $30 or so per night. I had to book at least 5 nights to get that price. I tried several days running and it kept pricing out that way.

Also- I requested building 16 and got 17. But when a late checkout was requested, they said no. They've never said no to that before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter