POR - Chances of getting Mansions??

Javin917

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We stayed at POR last October and requested mansions but were placed in the bayou section. We really did not like the theming and I'm hoping that we ended up there because our top request was for 3 rooms close together. We are now looking at going this October and trying to decide between POR and POFQ. It seems as though POFQ is tough to get with discounts (or the discounts offered are for a smaller percentage off).

If we go with POR for the price, what are the chances we'd end up back in the bayou? It's 2 adults and one 2yo child. I'm just nervous we'll always end up in the bayou with only two non-Royal mansions available, and wondering if requests to be in mansions have been granted lately! Thanks! :worship:

Hi!

We stayed at POR last October and requested mansions but were placed in the bayou section. We really did not like the theming and I'm hoping that we ended up there because our top request was for 3 rooms close together. We are now looking at going this October and trying to decide between POR and POFQ. It seems as though POFQ is tough to get with discounts (or the discounts offered are for a smaller percentage off).

If we go with POR for the price, what are the chances we'd end up back in the bayou? It's 2 adults and one 2yo child. I'm just nervous we'll always end up in the bayou with only two non-Royal mansions available, and wondering if requests to be in mansions have been granted lately! Thanks! :worship:

We went to por twice and got the mansion both times ask for river view

if you wanted 3 rooms close together you could have done a grand gathering... it just allows you to be linked together now.. no other benefits but I did it last year

we had a RGR room last year and requested Oak Manor and got Partiere Place which isnt bad but I love OM....
our first year we stayed there before the RGR we requested a mansion and did get OM

Thanks to you both! We are really trying to stick with the standard view room to keep the cost down. This is sort of an impulse trip but we want to stay 6 nights to get the most out of the airfare cost to get there! Any upgrade in room category cuts into the budget! So would we have a decent chance with a standard view room?

Thanks to you both! We are really trying to stick with the standard view room to keep the cost down. This is sort of an impulse trip but we want to stay 6 nights to get the most out of the airfare cost to get there! Any upgrade in room category cuts into the budget! So would we have a decent chance with a standard view room?

I would just tell them to put the request on your ressie next time you call:)

I'm wondering the same thing. My adult D and I stayed on property for the first time in April at POFQ and loved it. But as you said, the discounts are usually much better for POR (we got AAA last time for POFQ and it wasn't much). But I really don't like the look of the rooms in AB so would only be happy in Mansion section. But I have no need to pay extra for Royal Room, although I might since that would guarantee mansion. I just would rather book garden view or standard view, but know that my Mansion request might not be granted. Tough to know what to do.

It will solely depend on occupancy rates so it's difficult to say. Mansion room inventory was cut in half with the addition of the royal rooms. You can guarantee yourself the mansions if you are willing to book the royal room. Otherwise, it would only be a request. It will also help if you are willing to split up from the other rooms - maybe asking for three rooms on the same floor or same building, rather than three adjacent rooms.

That being said, we've stayed at POR twice and have been able to get mansion rooms both times. The second time, we were originally assigned AB but I asked to be switched to the mansions and it wasn't an issue. Only one room though.

You could ask for an accessible room in AB.............and then you might get a room in the mansions at the furthest point from the main builiding...........ie almost in the parking lot like I did! Needless to say my mother saw the main building on the day we arrived while waiting on our room and on the day we left when we were waiting for DME to pick us up! Otherwise she wasn't up to the jaunt even with her scooter. Oh, I must correct myself, there was a building further away than the one we ended up in! Give me POFQ any time :cool1:

Thanks everyone! I think we are going to hope for a standard POFQ FD room or take our chances on POR if we can only get the room discount or more expensive POFQ room. We are only one room this time so it's reassuring to hear that some people still managed to get into the mansions! The AB section is just not for us!

I usually stay at POFQ but decided to go with POR for the bigger discount. I requested the mansions, but got stuck with AB. We did not like it either. They offered to move us, but it would be a couple of days, so we just stayed at AB. We called it the swamp!! I am not willing to chance that again, so our next trip is booked for CSR.

I'm so surprised at how many people got stuck in AB after requesting the mansions. We went in March during Spring Break and I had requested a mansion room as my top request, and then just requested as close to the bridge as possible to be close to the main building. Our location was perfect! I would hate to stay in the AB rooms...if I had realized how many people had been put into AB when they wanted mansion I'm not sure I would have kept my reservation at POR. We did love it though! This trip we are more than likely doing POFQ just for the size of the resort.

I'm so surprised at how many people got stuck in AB after requesting the mansions. We went in March during Spring Break and I had requested a mansion room as my top request, and then just requested as close to the bridge as possible to be close to the main building. Our location was perfect! I would hate to stay in the AB rooms...if I had realized how many people had been put into AB when they wanted mansion I'm not sure I would have kept my reservation at POR. We did love it though! This trip we are more than likely doing POFQ just for the size of the resort.

I have requested mansions every trip and that past trip was told I was in the farthest building out at AB - this was trip no. 7 to POR. I politely reminded the CM I requested first floor mansions and was given a first floor room in Magnolia Terrace. I had booked courtyard view. It was the perfect room.

It does not hurt to speak up and reiterate your requests, and that proved it to me on the last trip.

We haven't stayed at POR in years but would absolutely hate AB. We loved the mansions and were always placed there. However it was long before the conversion to the Royal Rooms took place.

It does not hurt to speak up and reiterate your requests, and that proved it to me on the last trip.

Absolutely agree! I did a bad thing last trip... I did online check-in and then asked for my room to be changed when I got there. Tsk tsk, I know. It did hold up the line for a few minutes which I felt badly about, but ultimately they were able to meet my request of being in the mansions. While I was waiting for a manager to work it out, I got talking with the original CM who helped me and she informed me that with online check-in, they try to assign you to a room that will be ready when you arrive. Based on my arrival time, only the AB rooms had been cleaned by then which is why they put me there. Because of this, I won't do online check-in anymore so hopefully my request will be honored (if it can be), or at least it won't take as long to switch rooms around if need be.

OP - just so you know, the non-royal mansion rooms are in Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. I have stayed in both and they are very comparable in terms of location. I think Magnolia Terrace is nicer aesthetically, but not enough for me to request one over the other.

I had to book garden view no standards available for my time frame, we are a party of 5, does that mean only alligator bayou? We have stayed in that section before and we fine with it. It was only a hop skip jump to main pool. Just trying to figure out what buildings to request this time.

I didn't realize that about online checkin! We will probably be getting there early evening so room would definitely be ready. If we end up at POR, I'll skip online checkin for sure. It really bums me out about the royal rooms. POR mansions is our favorite resort section by far, but AB is the least! CBR just didn't have that same "ah we are here" feeling for us for some reason. And the boat to DTD is huge for us! Thanks again for the tips everyone!

We have just stayed at POR once. We really wanted the mansions and got it. :cool1: It was spring break and the two buildings that were converted to royal rooms were actually closed at the time for those renovations.

We have stayed on-site 3 times and each time we've gotten our requested area. We only book standard rooms and only request whatever building we'd like...nothing else like what floor, where the elevators are, view, etc. I call the request in a couple of weeks ahead of time. Then I call just a couple days before arrival...just to make sure our request was noted. We have done on-line and in person check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter