• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR,CBR or POP

BRMommy

Earning My Ears
AGGGHHH! Help me out here. I have booked a room in Alligator Bayou at POR for an October stay. I just saw picture of the refurbed rooms at POP. I am all about cleanliness and sometimes a newer room can make a huge difference. Now I am second guessing myself. I am now torn between POR, CBR and POP. Tell me your thoughts. Please take food courts, pools, rooms, and buses into consideration. I would like to hear any and all advice you have. It will be myself, DH, DD10, and DS13. Thanks to all in advance.

Last July I made a Split stay, first Port Orleans French Quarters and then Pop, and to tell you the True, I dont know why, but I liked more Pop, is Brighter, and I think that I am a Child at Heart, and Port Orleans is more for Grown ups (which obviously is not my case). I havent been at CBR.:lmao:

Just be aware that you didn't book a room in the Alligator Bayou section. That section (and really all sections in any resort except those that cost more) is a request to be noted on your reservation. It is not a booking into that part of the resort.

That said, I would pick a moderate over a value any day. Values just don't do it for us (we found Pop to be pretty loud and I thought it was garish, just my personal taste). I like POR more than CBR, so if I were picking from your list, it'd be POR.

I think you have made a good request in the AB section. I like it much more than the mansion section. Just know, that I have requested the AB section and not been able to get it. I just want you not to be disappointed.

I have to take tums over this same subject for the last three weeks!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:. I have gone back and fourth with Disney , the cm's they have been so great working with me.
I started out makeing resvp at POR and then POP and the POR and then back to POP and I just went back to POR!. Its been such a struggle:confused3,for what ever reasons?. We have stay at POP the last four years and stay at POR on our verey frist resort stay at WDW. So I was pulling my self apart trying to chose. I wanted to stay at POP because we feel that It has the most Disney theme,but POR has the nicest laid back feel and relaxing area. Just thinking about It makes me feel guilty!,but your not going to go wrong choseing one over the other finaly what made me go back was Disney extended there summer/winter special rates to July:cool1:,then was just to good to pass up. POP will be there next time. Have blast planing

I have stayed at all 3 resorts within the last 2 years. Every time we walk away knowing that Pop will always be our favourite resort. The larger than life icons are a wonderful reminder that we are on vacation in Disney World (we love the total Disney immersion). The food court has a lot of great choices, something we found POR and CBR did not have.
Our last trip we stayed 4 nights at POR. We "requested" AB which we didn't receive. I wasn't really surprised as there are only 2 of us in our party and the AB section houses families of 5, who would get first dibs. The theming of the mansions is beautiful on the outside but the inner decor reminded me of how my grandmother's spare bedrooms were decorated;). For the last week of our stay we headed back to Pop. As Pop is a newer resort, the rooms appeared cleaner, better kept. The POR rooms could use a new coat of paint and some tweaking.
We did not like CBR, not really sure what it was about the resort that we didn't enjoy. The landscaping is beautiful! Many people complain about the size (the resort is massive!), that wasn't really a problem for us. I think it was the general theming. Just not our cup of tea, IMO, kind of boring.
What we didn't like most about CBR/POR was the bussing system. It took upwards of 10 min. just to get off property and on the way to the parks after hitting all the stops. At Pop, one stop for each park, everyone on and off you go. Many times a second bus pulls up if there are a lot of people waiting for one particular park. The second thing I like about the bussing at Pop is the que. You must line up! At the mods, people stand/sit randomly and this often = problems when the folks who arrived first and sat on a bench think they should be first in line. Not always a good situation.
We found mousekeeping to be the same at each resort.
I can't really comment on the pools, we don't swim a lot. A pool is a pool to me, theming is not an important factor.

We have learned not to stray from Pop anymore and are heading back in 58 more sleeps:cool1: (and again mid Nov.).

We have stayed at CBR and POR. We have not stayed at POP. We choose a moderate over a value for these reasons: larger room, double sinks, privacy curtain, ceiling fan, refrigerator, shaded bus stops, more to do, more relaxed feel, more lush grounds, and better pools with slides. I'm not saying we would never stay at a value, because I would try anything once! But we would probably get 2 rooms and DS10 would very much miss having a pool slide.

With that being said, we have stayed at all of the moderate and you have narrowed it down to the best 2 in my opinion (and that of my entire family)! CBR and POR are both great resorts! :goodvibes I have to give a slight edge to CBR for the larger rooms and better pools. But like I said -- both are wonderful and we would go back to either any day! :thumbsup2

Bus service and food options are great at both too!

There is a link to my review of both in my signature if you want to take a look.

Good luck! :wizard:

Most questions like this are between resorts of equal value (i.e. one moderate vs another). If you are trying to choose between a moderate and a value, then it is an easy decision.

There is a huge difference between a moderate and a value. You get what you pay for. If you can afford a moderate, then do so. You'll get your money's worth in getting a good night's sleep, if nothing else.

Mickeys best gril brought up alot of good points and alot well worth noteing.
Probaly the bigest Is themeing. You have to know what you want going Into It(in our case, both suited us) Is It a laid back felling,In your face Disney fun. Then the size,pop is very compact where POR and CBR are both well spread out and offer diffrent selections In rooms where pop Is pretty much the same through out the resort. Buses I think Is there a wash where Its true POP has just one bus,but at the park there always located near the back and after a long night it can be a hike. We have spent the last 4 years at POP and we would of stay there again(and who know maybe still:confused3:rotfl2:) POR just offers something diffrent. Stay tune someone else will chime In with more great Info.

We (DH and I) have stayed at all three of these resorts. We do not care for CBR at all. We love POR - we consider it our home resort. We just stayed at POP for a long weekend in January for the first time. I really liked it a lot. I loved the buses without all of the stops that they have at POR. The room was plenty big enough for the two of us but I think I would hesitate to stay there with 4 people. I really liked the food court better than the one at POR. My husband did not like it as much. He said that it was fine for a long weekend but not for our annual 10 day stay. He likes the bigger room, the boat to DtD, Boatwright's, the indoor bar/lounge, the fridge and the coffee maker.

Our family loves POR and have stayed at AB before and loved the room/resort theme. The pool is great, you are close to DD, and the restraunt and food court are both nice eating areas. The buses were never a problem when we stayed there also. POP just doesn't seem for our family, and we have stayed at CBR and just didn't like it. POR is definitely one of our favorites. I am sure that you, your husband and kids will love it. DH, DD12, and I all loved it. I suggest to stay at the resort you are already booked at- POR!:thumbsup2

Take CBR out of pic completely! I too am a big fan of PO and POP....Can't stand the food court at POP...way too big....I loved the court at PO! The bus situation doesn;t seem to be too much of a difference except that at PO you may have to make an additional stop! Rooms...I believe they are the same size but PO has a frig. The pool....probably better of at POP there are more to choose from (just no slide). I had ressies at PO....I just changed them to POP the price was a huge difference especially cause we need 2 rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter