POR campfire singalong?

lissiesmum

DIS Veteran
I was just reading about a campfire singalong behind ol man river (and I hope I have all these names right!) that occurs between October and February. I haven't heard anything about this and was wondering if you have been and what it is like? We were thinking of going over to Fort Wilderness for a night to sit at their campfire, but it would be much better not to have to leave the resort!

from allearsnet

Campfire on de' Bayou, a seasonal program at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort, runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Sundays and Thursdays through February 22, 2007. Cast Members read stories about the resort and have sing-a-longs at the campfire site located behind the Fishin' Hole at Ol' Man Island. There's no charge and reservations are not necessary. Kits for making s'mores are available for $5.25 (tax included).

that say there is nothing about it on Disney's site for POR
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...rtOrleansRiversideResortRecreationListingPage

where on FW it is mentioned
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ldernessCampgroundResortRecreationListingPage

Yeah, funny it mentions this info on a few different sites but not on the official WDW site. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and find out directly from the resort. If I get more info, I'll post the info I get :)

Yeah, funny it mentions this info on a few different sites but not on the official WDW site. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and find out directly from the resort. If I get more info, I'll post the info I get :)

Yes, please let us know. We are staying at POR in October, and we would like to know also. Would be neat to do something like that!!!:goodvibes

Ok, so I just spoke with the folks at POR. The girl who answered the phone had never heard of it so she put me on hold for a bit while she found out the info. Word is that it was held in the past from OCT - FEB, but going forward will probably not be due to some refurbishments. Not sure exactly what it means but when you go in OCtober, you may want to ask because they still may have the campfire program. Otherwise, they directed me to the Chipmunk singalong at Fort Wilderness which is still free to all Disney Resort guests.

Darn, we're going next week and this would have been fun. Looks like Fort Wilderness!

Interesting! :goodvibes This is the first I heard of any campfire singalong other than the one at Fort Wilderness. I hope they bring it back, as my DH and I are going to POR in December 2007! Let me know, huh?!
TIA!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter