POR and Halloween.

Glennie5

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney World the end of Oct and staying at POR. We will be doing MNSSHP but not on Halloween night. We are going to Mickey's Back Yard BBQ on the 31st and was wondering if POR does anythning special for Halloween at the resort. Anyone been there for Halloween before and can share their experience?

Not that I know of but most resorts probably have something.! I think wilderness does a carriage ride with the tale of sleepy hollow.

Not that I know of but most resorts probably have something.! I think wilderness does a carriage ride with the tale of sleepy hollow.
I really wanted to do the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness but I read that they aren't doing it this year. I had read somewhere that some of the resorts have trick or treating. Wasn't sure if it was true or not.

We were there last Halloween. They had trick or treating, special arts and crafts stations set up, special halloween themed games by the pool area, a halloween movie at night, and a pumpkin carving contest by the staff that you could vote for the best.

To my knowledge, no. But I believe in the Fall POR does have campfires w/ marshmallow roasting. Check www.portorleans.org for some comprehensive info on the Port Orleans resorts...

Aww! That stinks!! I'm sure there is trick or treating somewhere. Have you contacted the resort?
I know I really wanted to do the haunted carriage ride. I think I will just check at the resort when we check in. I just read on another site that said they tell spooky stories at the campfire at POR on halloween and there is supposed to be trick or treating at the resort too.

We were there last Halloween. They had trick or treating, special arts and crafts stations set up, special halloween themed games by the pool area, a halloween movie at night, and a pumpkin carving contest by the staff that you could vote for the best.
Thank you so much for the info. We were hoping we could find something fun to do with the kids after MBYBBQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter