POR alligator bayou

Princess Sleepy

DIS Veteran
I am going to WDW in February for the Princess Half Marathon. I will be traveling with my mom and my two DDs (6 and 9). Ideally, I would like to get one of the AB rooms at POR with the murphy bed. That way my mom can have a bed to herself. I know those rooms are ideal for families of 5 traveling together. Will they let us have one if we are only a party of 4? My first thought was to stay at AoA, but it is significantly more expensive, and we don't need all the extra space of the family suites, just an extra bed. Anyone have any experience or opinions with this?

All you can do is make a request for a room in AB. Of course there is no guarantee unless you book a preferred room. I believe all of the preferred rooms are in AB. You could check this out on the POR thread. You could always bring an airmattress with you in case you end up in the Mansions. You'd just have to stand it up against the wall during the day so everyone would have room to move around.

All of the preferred rooms are in AB. So if you can pay the extra fee for a preferred room, you will definately get a AB room. If you don't want to pay the extra fee, you can put in a room request for the AB rooms, but that's not guarenteed.

that is what we did, just booked for april 2013 and requested a room in AB because we the boys like the looks of the rooms better ( me too!) mansion rooms according to my younger DS look creepy?? SO we are crossing our fingers...asked for BLD. 17 upper floor. Don't mind the stairs and figured most people ask to be on the ground floor.

Thanks. I didn't realize those were the preferred rooms. I'll look into that. If the cost is prohibitive, we'll put in a request and take our chances.

Preferred rooms are $25 more per night. But that's what we booked because I was nervous about having to truck from the furthest building to the food courts, etc.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter