Popcorn Buckets

They still had the dumbo one over in the storybook circus area last time I was there. So cute.

looking forward to our first trip, my question is how do you get these buckets to fit in your luggage to bring back home?

looking forward to our first trip, my question is how do you get these buckets to fit in your luggage to bring back home?

wrap clothes around them and make sure the ears are protected. We've had them arrive with ears broken off
I also fill them with smaller items

Love popcorn buckets and get several each trip. I asked for the Dumbo in the plastic wrap and it did not have the ears in the up position. It was easy to pack clothes around it and there was not problem getting it home. I love the idea of waxed paper and snacks. Had not thought of that. I use mine to store things in the kitchen. And for popcorn while watching a Disney movie!

There are two types of popcorn buckets: the premium souvenir bucket and the souvenir bucket. The regular souvenir bucket are cylindrical containers. I've found that many of the stands have the same one, but if you look around you can usually find a couple of different designs. So it pays to look at every popcorn stand you pass.

The premium buckets are usually character shaped buckets, like the Mickey Ghost shown earlier in this thread. They typically have a premium bucket for Halloween and Christmas. Last year, the Mickey Hatbox Ghost bucket premiered, and my guess is that will reappear this year. There was also a Santa Mickey bucket at Christmas time. I've also seen R2D2 (DHS maybe or Tomorrowland), McQueen, Darth Vader (debut for Star Wars weekends, not sure if it's around otherwise), and Dumbo premium buckets. If you were going to Disneyland, I could tell you where they were sold, but I don't know where they are in WDW anymore.

This is the R2D2:
DSC_0030_zpsc0789cb1.jpg

This is the McQueen (ignore the blue one, that was at DLR for the holidays). From what I can tell, they might only sell McQueen as part of the kids meal at a few places in DHS. It's sold as a popcorn bucket in DLR, so I still consider it a popcorn bucket!
DSC_0029_1_zpsc290dc50.jpg

This is Darth Vader:
DSC_0256_zps7ebd0c3c.jpg

This is Dumbo:
DSC_0800_zps35d6fa05.jpg

This was the Hatbox Ghost bucket that debut last year for Halloween:
DSC_0644_1_zpsb753dbc5.jpg

We stuffed our Dumbo popcorn buckets with dirty clothes before packing to head home. Worked great, and they did just fine in the suitcase.

I admit.... I don't know much about these. SHAME ON ME!! How much do these cost? My kids would love these.

I admit.... I don't know much about these. SHAME ON ME!! How much do these cost? My kids would love these.

The Deluxe containers are about $12 (I think they might have gone up to $12.50 at DLR, but I don't know about WDW). The round ones are less expensive (I'm thinking about $6).

We were told that once the Dumbo ears are in the up position they are very hard to put back down again without a good chance of breaking. When we mentioned having to pack it in a suitcase, the CM offered us a Dumbo with the ears still down or not yet attached to make packing a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter