Pop Warner ??

DWillowBay

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me the dates of Pop Warner this year and which resorts they usually house the little darlings in ?? :littleangel: Thanks!

My friend coaches Pop Warner and they went to Disney 2 years ago, so I asked him. Officially he hasn't heard a date, but going by the past he is pretty sure that it starts December 5th and runs through the 12th. Keep in mind, that's not official, but if anyone knows, it would be him.

They always stay in the All Star resorts, which is pretty much guaranteed. They may also be in POP, AoA (the values), CSR, or CBR (the moderates). It all depends on what deals Disney is able to give them, and the availability of rooms. They are never offered the Deluxe Resorts.

We're at AoA from Dec 4th thru 7th.............what I've read is that early in the week they tend to be playing football...........as teams get eliminated they do the parks more.......nights won't be an issue (if at all) until they get closer to the end.......so I'm hoping for no to little impact during our stay. I've also heard they tend to be on the well behaved side..........they're mostly young kids. Not like some of the tour groups that visit o_O

Doug :goofy:

I've also heard they tend to be on the well behaved side..........they're mostly young kids. Not like some of the tour groups that visit

For the most part, they are. There are, unfortunately, some coaches and assistants who treat this as a Disney vacation for themselves and put the kids second. That's where the problems begin and where you see the unsupervised kids running about the resorts making noise.

Although there are some bad stories out there, all in all though, it's not as bad as most people tend to believe it is.

If you go Pop Warner week, stay deluxe if all possible. Or go the following week.

We stayed at Pop during Pop Warner in 2009 and didn't have any issues at the resort. However, some of the kids and chaperons were not as well behaved at the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter