POP Warner

Kristen'smom

Mouseketeer
Let me just say OMG!!!:worship:

I was at All Star Sports this past week with my Cheer Team - It was just horrible - just listen to a few things we experience.

Each night we returned to the hotel we when through the main lobby - past the pool/bar - there were about 200-250 people out - smoking, (what happened to a smoke free resort) drinking, cussing - preteen/teen hoochies everywhere - ****s and butts hanging out - boys feeling up girls - just plain nasty.

I have never wanted to get out of WDW so fast.

There was a quiet time rule -after 10pm - What a JOKE!!:rotfl2:

There were WDW cops out just walking around doing nothing.

I saw people filling up non disney cups at the drink station as WDW employees looked on. Found a cigar in from of my door one night and a huge roach in my suitcase, then saw other roaches on one of the stairwells.

My 11 yr old daughter wanted to go swimming and it would have to be at night because of all the act ivies she was required to be a part of but was scared to because of all the hormone crazy preteens/ teens and drunken adults at the pool.

Good Grief - I have never see so many people that acted like they have never been out in public. It was like a big Frat Party or a Block Party in the Hood (my family is multi-racial- so I know from experience)

If we were not there with POP I would have asked to be moved!!!

With all this said – should I contact the resort manager with my complaints or just let it go?

I would let them know. The more complaints they get, maybe they'll actually do something about the problem.

The thread about Pop Warner on the theme parks board got shut down, so this one might not last that long either, but I would definitely let Disney know that you would rather not be exposed to these things at a Disney resort.

Wow that is unbelieveable. I would have asked, no demanded, to change resorts immediately!

We stayed at CBR for 2 years during PW time and there was PW overflow at the resort. The only time you saw them was at night practicing their cheers on the lawn or super early at the food court and yes they were loud and made a mess of the food court but after the first day of that we just went later in the morning.

Just got back from WDW, too. We were at POP, so it wasn't much of an issue there, but they were out all over the place at the parks, especially at night, and based on what I saw, I am not surprised at what you observed.

I was at All Star Sports this past week with my Cheer Team - It was just horrible - just listen to a few things we experience.

Each night we returned to the hotel we when through the main lobby - past the pool/bar - there were about 200-250 people out - smoking, (what happened to a smoke free resort) drinking, cussing - preteen/teen hoochies everywhere - ****s and butts hanging out - boys feeling up girls - just plain nasty.

I saw people filling up non disney cups at the drink station as WDW employees looked on. Found a cigar in from of my door one night and a huge roach in my suitcase, then saw other roaches on one of the stairwells.

My 11 yr old daughter wanted to go swimming and it would have to be at night because of all the act ivies she was required to be a part of but was scared to because of all the hormone crazy preteens/ teens and drunken adults at the pool.

Good Grief - I have never see so many people that acted like they have never been out in public. It was like a big Frat Party or a Block Party in the Hood (my family is multi-racial- so I know from experience)

With all this said – should I contact the resort manager with my complaints or just let it go?

Just wondering why you didn't complain to one of the managers at the time of the incidents? That is when they would be able to document and do something about the situation.

My DD was suppose to go to WDW for the All-Stars champs and we decided that we didn't want to go and stay there with all those cheerleaders. So glad she's not doing this anymore -- I've heard horror stories about how unsupervised the kids are.

I should have complained at the time but we, my daughter and I were so focused and stressed out - due to her competition I just didn't want to deal with it - I'm also the team mom, so I had the coaches and parents to deal with to.

PS We came in 2nd Place!!!!! with only .03 away from 1st place!!!!
It's a really big deal for the girls -
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations to your daughter and her team, that is awesome.

Sorry it was horrible for you. Roaches are especially bad in Fl when it cools down so no shock there...

I think you are complaining too late. Why, if you were so upset, did you not take action when something could have been done while you were there? Sorry to sound to blunt but I don't see what good it's going to do you now.

My husband and I were some of the unfortunate guests who were there the same week as PW. We DID complain, but were told "we are handling it". The couple we were with also complained and received a blank look from the Cast Member at the front desk, and acted like she did not know what our friends were referring to. Never again!

We stayed at AKL from Dec. 7-14 but I wanted to get there a day earlier and added All Star Sports for Dec. 6. I knew it would be Pop Warner week and that worried me but I figured I could handle one day of it. I wish I'd seen a value resort without the noise of the cheerleaders and football players because I was so glad to check out the next morning. They weren't being nasty as it looked like it was check in day for most of them and we had no bad moments with any of them in any of the parks during the week so I would definitely go that week again as long as I stayed where they aren't.

What I noticed was that the girls that go from my town have to go with their families. Most of these groups were just that - maybe three to five parents with a slew of kids. All I saw by the pool were the moms sitting around talking with the kids doing whatever they wanted in the pool area. It was in the upper 70s when we arrived and stayed that way into the evening. I would have loved to have gone swimming but the pool isn't that big and with it being full of loud kids, I told my daughter I just couldn't do it.

They acted fine in the food court in the morning but we left after that. The only time I heard cheers was waiting for the bus to DTD. And we had a group of them on the bus coming back to the resort. One girl was acting like they were the only ones on the bus and I admired another cheerleader for telling her to keep it down that they were in public with people around them.

To the OP, I would take up some of those issues with PopW directly. Yes, Disney could have/should have done something to relieve the situation, but for some reason they seem to be hesitant to upset the PW people. So, I would write a letter to the powers that be at PW. They are getting a truly bad rep because of these situations. I know I was thrilled when my dd decided the cheerleading wasn't for her...I so didn't want her involved with a group that caused so much distress for others.
Now, that being said, I was at ASMusic back in '03....many cheerleaders there at the same time I was there. I had absolutely no issues with them. Yes, they got a bit loud on the buses, but elsewhere they were fine. No late night cheering or running around, food court issues were kept to a bare minimum. I think they must have had very good chaperones. Sorry you had to get stuck with a group that was less well-behaved.
I would write to Disney about the bugs though...yuck!!

Some kids today are just out of control and they learn this from their parents. No respect for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter