Pop Warner Week...

so ... we just got home ... and all i have to say is ..

i rode soarin' with 30 cheerleaders that screamed THE ENTIRE time.
um... not exactly the "soarin experience" that i wasted a fastpass for :)

they are in the parks and you'll know when you see them :)

You shouldnt notice them during the week though they will be at there respective games, event, competition...

you are right. the only time we really saw them was at night.
but ... once night fell they came out in packs ;)

Just got back. 11/31 - 12/7. ASSP. We started seeing them at our resort on about the third. It was super noticable at our resorts but we only ran into them a couple times in the parks.

Update: I talked to my friend today, and discovered that his kid isn't in Pop, but rather AYF (American Youth Football). BOTH Pop and AYF are having their championships in Orlando, at the same time! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: The difference is that the AYF and associated cheerleading competitions are not at WDW, but off-property. This is from the AYF website:

American Youth Football & Cheer is a national youth partner of the NFL (National Football League) and is the world's largest youth football and cheer organization. This year's tournament will host the top youth football teams, together with the best, step, dance and cheer squads from throughout the United States. In 2008 over 6,000 youth between the ages of 5-16 will participate in this year's national tournament. Join us as a participant, spectator or fan from December 6-13th in Orlando Florida, at Austin Tindal Park for football and at the Amway Arena, home of the Orlando Magic, for Cheer.

I know the take your kid out of school question is asked alot on these boards. Just wondering does anyone see any difference in taking them out for POP or whatever as opposed to just going to Disney. I wonder if those parents have any concerns about taking there child out of school to participate in football. I know my sons baseball team goes to Disney late summer for nationals so school is not an issue then....just curious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter