Pop Warner Week & Resorts

litlkar

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Pop Warner will take place at WDW this year?? We are planning to be there 12-3 to 12-10. previous posts state that it takes place the 1st week in Dec. I do not want to make the mistake of reserving a resort where all the cheerleaders & foot ball players will be. Does anyone have any suggestions on which resort we should choose? We normally stay at POFQ

Does anyone know if Pop Warner will take place at WDW this year?? We are planning to be there 12-3 to 12-10. previous posts state that it takes place the 1st week in Dec. I do not want to make the mistake of reserving a resort where all the cheerleaders & foot ball players will be. Does anyone have any suggestions on which resort we should choose? We normally stay at POFQ

That is the week. It is the first full week of December.

The last few years, they have stayed at POR with an overflow to POFQ, as a moderate. They arrive as I have been leaving the week after Thanksgiving on a Saturday.

I would reconsider my choice of resort or my week.

Do you think that these groups would effect out time in the parks? Or should we just worry about not seeing them at the resort?:eek:

Do you think that these groups would effect out time in the parks? Or should we just worry about not seeing them at the resort?:eek:

Early in the week, they are not too much of a park prescence in the day since they are in competition.They do come out in the evenings and as the week progresses and teams are eliminated, you WILL see them more in the parks during the day.They impact the resorts they stay at the most though

We traveled to Disney last year during this exact time period (staying at Pop Century). We had no problems whatsoever and yes, I was worried prior to arriving. I would have no problems going during this exact time period again. Hope you have a wonderful time! Happy Planning!!!!

I was at Pop for a work conference the first week of this past December.

I didn't notice many teams or kids in the parks when I was there. As others have said they are busy practicing and competing during the day.

As a treat to my kids I decided to visit every resort and take a picture in front of each resorts Christmas tree. On my last day I hit the All Star resorts and I have to say that it was an absolute ZOO at those resorts, especially All Star Sports. There were kids running around and screaming and yelling everywhere! In the lobby, outside by the pool, in the common areas (especially outside of the Touchdown Hotel) etc. What bothered me most was that there were hoards of kids hanging out on the building walkways (outside of the rooms) yelling at the top of their lungs to the kids across the way and below them. Worst of all was that they were throwing things down off to other kids and kids were throwing things up at them. I was so shocked that I called my wife and gave her a blow by blow description of what I was seeing. The absolute topper was one of the coaches or chaperones screaming at someone at the front desk and shaking a pillow from his room in their face. He was upset that the pillow wasn't firm enough. It was like nothing I have ever seen in my life.

I can't imagine ever staying at an All Star Resort during that week and putting up with that behavior. It was appaling to say the least.

J

We traveled to Disney last year during this exact time period (staying at Pop Century). We had no problems whatsoever and yes, I was worried prior to arriving. I would have no problems going during this exact time period again. Hope you have a wonderful time! Happy Planning!!!!

That is because you stayed at a resort they don't normally stay.

If you do happen to stay at a resort they do stay at, it is downright horrible. I changed my week once to accommodate some friends and have never gone back that week again.

The parents and the cheerleaders are the worst, the guys and the coaches are actually better.

I was at Pop for a work conference the first week of this past December.

I didn't notice many teams or kids in the parks when I was there. As others have said they are busy practicing and competing during the day.

As a treat to my kids I decided to visit every resort and take a picture in front of each resorts Christmas tree. On my last day I hit the All Star resorts and I have to say that it was an absolute ZOO at those resorts, especially All Star Sports. There were kids running around and screaming and yelling everywhere! In the lobby, outside by the pool, in the common areas (especially outside of the Touchdown Hotel) etc. What bothered me most was that there were hoards of kids hanging out on the building walkways (outside of the rooms) yelling at the top of their lungs to the kids across the way and below them. Worst of all was that they were throwing things down off to other kids and kids were throwing things up at them. I was so shocked that I called my wife and gave her a blow by blow description of what I was seeing. The absolute topper was one of the coaches or chaperones screaming at someone at the front desk and shaking a pillow from his room in their face. He was upset that the pillow wasn't firm enough. It was like nothing I have ever seen in my life.

I can't imagine ever staying at an All Star Resort during that week and putting up with that behavior. It was appaling to say the least.

J

I did one year at POR in 2006 and never again. Now I am leaving as they are showing up.

I was utterly appalled at the behavior, so much so that I sent a registered letter to Pop Warner. It was received. I called their headquarters three times to talk to them about it, but I was always told they would "check into my accusations, but so far they haven't been able to confirm my story." They turned a deaf ear to it.

The parents are the worst; they act like drunken sailors on leave. Security was called every night at the lounge to remove them from the premises and get them back to their rooms to sober up. I don't know how some of them made it to their kids games the next day.

The cheerleaders are a close second.

The coaches and the boys are actually fairly well behaved, except in the evening around the pool area. They got pretty rough.

We were the exact same dates as them last Dec. and didn't have any problems. I was very aware that we were going the same week and was always looking for them. I did see lots of groups walking around, especially later in the week with matching shirts/jerseys that were football/cheer related, but I don't think it really negatively affected park crowds.

We did stay at Pop, which they typically don't stay at, so that was a plus.

I never encountered the loud groups of cheerleaders cheering on the buses or in the parks. Something that is posted about lots on the boards.

Emily

The parks during that week are fine. But AVOID which ever resorts they are staying at at all cost. We stayed at POFQ this past December when PW was there and it was horrible. NEVER again!

We were there that week in 2010 but we stayed at Boardwalk so we didn't see them there, BUT our first night, some team must have been visiting. They were running around, throwing a football and being rowdy on the front lawn of the Boardwalk. Kind of annoyed me because I don't see that area as a play area, more a landscaped entrance.

Everytime we saw them in the park, they were generally annoying. Just yelling, pushing each other in lines, and acting goofy. More of a "tsk" moment, not really impacting our day.

They do close DHS early one day and have a private evening party for them. You want to stay away from that park that day, since the kids will start showing up early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter