Pop Warner resorts

Mary.Poppins

Mouseketeer
What resorts do the kids involved with Pop Warner stay at? I'm thinking of trying a new resort this next trip. We usually stay at Pop Century but are open to trying other value resorts. We aren't at the hotel much so we prefer value resorts.

The All-Stars should be avoided first week in December. The only Value you will most likely be safe at is AoA. The problem is at night when the kids are up late at night and make quite a bit of noise. It's hard to turn-in early with the noise and/or especially difficult if you've got young kids who are easily distracted with noise.

What about Pop Century? Do kids there for Pop Warner stay at Century Pop?

They usually do not stay at Pop Century (or Century Pop ;)).

Last year it was All Stars and CBR. Other years it was All Stars and POR. Speculation is it will be CBR again this year because it is pretty much soldout of standard rooms during that week.

I was originally going to stay at All Star Sports (best price for Reunion), but decided it was worth $20 more a night to be at Pop for the first week of December.
Hope I made the right decision.

I was originally going to stay at All Star Sports (best price for Reunion), but decided it was worth $20 more a night to be at Pop for the first week of December.
Hope I made the right decision.

You did. We were once at POFQ with them when it was being used for the overflow from PORS. They were absolutely horrible. We asked to be moved to another moderate and was told everyone was complaining about them and they could not move everyone. It was so bad that we actually called the airline to see how much it would cost to change our flight. It was too much, so we just stuck it out, but we really just wanted to get the heck out of there and was willing to cut our vacation short to do so. I have never wanted a vacation to end so badly. To be fair they were not a problem in the parks, but they were absolutely horrible at the resort (parents and so called chaperones were as bad if not worse than the cheerleaders, acting like a bunch of obnoxious drunk sailors on leave). They were so bad, that I said I would never go back again during Pop Warner week. A couple of years ago I had to eat my words. Due to work conflicts if I wanted my regular Dec vacation I had to go that week. I booked a split stay at CSR/YC to make sure they wouldn't be at my resort and was very pleasantly surprised. I never even noticed a single Pop Warner participant and would have never even known they were there if I hadn't known it was their week. When I got back, I read stories here on the Dis about their horrible behavior at the All Stars and PORS that week.

Aubriee that reminds me of one of my most memorable Pop Warner memories. A few years ago, a big fight broke out at ASSp at night. Disney ended up throwing the kids and the chaperones out that night. I was proud to see Disney put their foot down and expel them all from the hotel. It was fun watching, but sad to see that it had to come to that because the adults could not control their kids they were in charge of.

I've had a few rooms comp'd because of the noise and issues with them at night....especially the cheerleaders.:cheer2: Thank goodness most of those times were just 1 or 2 night stays with a continuing reservation to AKL.

We've now mastered Pop Warner week and warn all not to go during this time. Then we make our plans and invade the parks during this week as we know how to avoid them:thumbsup2. Park attendance isn't as bad and we love getting on all the rides within 4 hours of entering MK.

Aubriee that reminds me of one of my most memorable Pop Warner memories. A few years ago, a big fight broke out at ASSp at night. Disney ended up throwing the kids and the chaperones out that night. I was proud to see Disney put their foot down and expel them all from the hotel. It was fun watching, but sad to see that it had to come to that because the adults could not control their kids they were in charge of.

When we were with them at POFQ, a loud argument broke out on the boat to DTD one night. The boat captain had to stop the boat and threaten them. Two male guests finally separated them. What was bad, was that it was two moms who'd had too much to drink, not the cheerleaders. We saw the same moms the next night causing problems in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter