Pop Warner Cheerleaders???

MzEeyore

What?!?!! I'm NOT a Princess?!?!? Who knew!!
Anyone heard yet when this group will be at Disney?? I have heard around the week of the 5th which I am hoping not since that is the day after we get there!!!!!

Joanie princess:

That's the week they will be there. If you do a search, there has been some threads on this topic.

I believe Pop Warner is going on 12/4-12/11. I noticed on your post you are staying at the Poly. You should have nothing to worry about. They stay primarily at the All Star resorts.

They typically stay at the All Stars and in the past have then gone to the PO Riverside when the All Stars are full. Have never seen them at the deluxe resorts, though, so you should be fine. They are noticeable at the parks, when they go, as they run in large groups -- typically.

they roam the parks in large groups. AVOID at all costs! Kidding....and not kidding. We found most of these groups to be very self-centered and not caring about others around them (this is a generalization but it was our overwhelming experience!). VERY loud and for the most part, rude. When we would see a group of the cheerleaders coming , we would head the other way. This worked pretty well for the rest of our stay. It is not enough of a reason to reschedule or change plans but just try to avoid.

Have a great time! THat first week of December is the best time to visit!

We went last December from 12/4-12/8, we stayed at
CBR and the bell hop told us every room in the resort was
taken, most by the football players and cheerleaders,
It was a nightmare for us, we had to eat almost every
meal in our room because they took over the food court
and they would be outside cheering at 7:00am every
morning, I will never go when they are there again.

They are usualy there the first week of Dec and have been on ewvery one of our trips in early Dec.

beehive 123, that's my greatest fear. We're staying at the CBR from 12/5-12/11, and that's the last thing we need. We can probably avoid them at the parks, but is there any way to know where they're staying? Let's hope it's at the value resorts.

When I used to book large groups as a meeting planner, convention director ... we would always work with a special area that took care of large room blocks such as would be needed for Pop Warner. You can probably call the CRO and ask for the phone number of the department that does large group room blocks for teams, etc.. When you get the number you can call and ask them if they have Pop Warner groups booked at the CBR when you are there.

The thing that is different this year is the fact that POP Century is now open, in addition, to the All Stars. That gives them two value resorts before they overflow to the moderates. Can't remember how big it is but it might take some of the overflow to the moderates away. The hotel itself does not have any guest information until a maximum of 10 days out so you won't be able to find out through them, at least for now.

It may be worthwhile seeing if you can get a good rate at one of the deluxes such as Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then you would probably be a little more sure of avoiding them.

not much bothers me when i'm at disney - but large groups of rude teenagers really can put me over the top. When i was at disneyland in Ca. early last June a lot of high chool kids were there in large groups on one of the days (end of year field trips) if you are stuck behind them in line it can be bad in fact we actually left Disneyland after a few hours and went across the street of the rest of the day to Calf. Adventure because they were so obnoxious. Now not to scare anyone that's going during Pop Warner but i actually put off my trip until the next week Dec 13-th to avoid them at WDW this year (i am staying value though so it was a bigger consideration for me)

We were there in 2002 at the same time as Pop Warner and did not come accross any troubles. Even staying at the AS.

It was actually pretty funny to see them waundering around in the parks and resorts with their hair in curlers etc.

Several years ago I had a last minute short trip taken with a stay at the values where the cheerleaders were and will never do that again. I recall a thread back some time ago that stated to call the AS directly and speak with the person who handles the groups there. If I recall the thread right, now that PC is there, the Pop Warner group is supposed to go to the AS only and not to PC (I believe it was a CM who worked there that posted this). I usually go to Disney in the first 2weeks of Dec. and when I've stayed at any other resort other than value I've never had a problem. As stated above by another poster, when I see the large group of teens in the parks, I generally also head in the other direction.

jaysmom4285, I won't worry to much, since some of the other
people are posting that since more value resorts have opened,
it might be better this year, see if you can find out where they
are staying. I hope it works out for you!

im a lil offeneded bc i am a cheerleader maybe we are a lil loud sometimes but me and my other cheerleaders on our squads would not be rude to others so these groups of cheerleaders you see are just giving us all a bad rep. just thought id let ya know we aren't all like that. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

a |PiX!e |)uSt ----- Unfortunately, that is always the case ... a few bad ones in the crowd give the whole group a bad rep. My DH taught hs for 16 years and there are a lot of very nice young people. However, keep in mind, when you are in big groups and a little loud, it may not seem bad to you but others who are not around teenagers consider the loudness to be inappropriate. And, there are times when language can become an issue especially for those with young kids. All too often, it is a matter of perspective. And,it also depends on the kids.

That being said, on my vacation, I prefer to enjoy it in a much quieter setting than that enjoyed by teenagers. And, we too, go the other direction when we see large groups of teens, especially at the parks. But you are right, there are many out there that are very nice and responsible.

i udnerstand cjsmom5 iill probably do the same thing when i am older and have a family to! i apoligize if i have ever been like that (which i hope i havent)! :Pinkbounc

If you are aware of it and concerned about it ... chances are you probably don't fall into that category. It is pretty neat, though, that you are thinking about it. Kudos to you!

We've gone to WDW in december a couple of times and unknowingly stayed in the All Stars for this competition. We never noticed them in the parks, but we sure did notice them in the food courts. We never did mind too much, since we rarely eat there and just pass through while getting our drinks. If I had a choice, and all else being equal, I'd try to avoid the All Stars during this period, but it's Disney and in the end, we didn't care too much!

Unfortunately they were there at the all stars the same time as my DH and I last year. My parents were down for a trip a the same time and stayed in a preferred building. They didn't have any noise complaints and the unsupervised tweens and teens running around the food court splashing soda all over the place didn't seem to phase them. I'd say they seriously hindered our vacation enjoyment. We stayed in a normal building and had the parking lot behind our room. Every morning very early (6:30) the girls would be practicing out in the parking lot. Sure, its good for them to be dedicated, but not for us. I wish someone would've told us in advance they were going to be there, and we would've rescheduled our trip.

I never noticed them in the parks. It wasn't that I didn't think kids should be in Disney (duh!), but it was the noise and lack of supervision that bothered me.

We were there Dec 5-11.

ohh goodness we are gonna be there at this time....we are staying at pop century....do you think we are gonna get it as bad as the all stars do???:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter