• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Warner 2006?

tink2

DIS Veteran
We are working on getting a trip in Dec. together- got a few more details to iron out before we make reservations. We are looking at either the first or second week of December. I know historically Pop Warner has been the first week of December- but there were rumors last year that they may back it up a week. Does anyone know for sure when Pop Warner will be this year? I checked their website and they do not have the dates on there yet. Historically, I think it would be Dec. 3-9. Does anyone know for sure? We are trying to avoid that week so we can stay in a value without a large group!

Dec. 3 is the date I have heard for this year. We are hoping to go for a quick trip Dec. 2-5 so I am a little worried, but hopefully they will all be busy that early in the tournament. :confused3

Does anyone know how to get a list of the Resorts Pop Warner WON'T be using? We stayed at POR last year and they ran riot till 2.00am most nights and 4.00am one night!! Ruined most of hol as trying to walk round parks sleepwalking!! Yes, we did complain, at night and during the day, to reception and security. I think they they were more frightened of the kids than us, so did nothing. We don't have the luxury of different dates so just want restful nights.

Oh yikes! We're there from Dec 9 - 13. They'll probably stay the weekend. We're currently at POP. Maybe if a great AP rate comes out we'll move our ressie :( POUT

Usually the common noise does not bother me at hotels. but that is common noise, not loud tweens. My DD needs her sleep and so do I. And rude tweens just annoy me. Just Sunday at church I got ran over by a boy (about 13) rushing up the stairs, he just barrelled me over, how RUDE! AT CHURCH yet.

catherines mama -
I feel your pain! :rotfl:
We are also currently booked at Pop but I am tossing around the idea of moving to WL or CR if AP rates are decent. We are buying APs in August so I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm going in december as well and have been following a lot of the pop warner threads.

Based on last year their offficial hotels were:
Music
Sports
Movies
Riverside (with some people saying there was some spillover into French Quarter)

And if they need to expand due to over booking it would be over to the Pop (and then i've heard some people mention other moderates, but those seemed few and far between..)

But the reports on pop warner go from one extreme to the next. I've seen some people saying they stayed at an all stars with no problem, and then someone else staying at the same hotel and having a horrible trip ruining experience.

We've booked CBR and if there happens to be any spillover were planning on bringing some extra money for an emergency upgrade :moped: .... hopefully all will be well though, normally if you prepare for the worst, it's not as bad

Well. Isn't that just PEACHY. Our travel dates are Dec. 3-9th. :furious: and to make things even BETTER...we're booked at POP. I want to cry. :sad2: maybe we'll check into another week....or another resort...or do they run rampant all over the world?

SoleilLoca- We were there pop warner week in 2004 and stayed at POFQ. We saw a few of the kids at the food court and that was mainly it for us. The crowds at the parks were terrific- no lines! We did see a few groups of girls- traveling through the parks in large groups. This happened less than 5 times. We would see them in line to ride something- usually a roller coaster or thrill ride- and just go on the ride beside it. By that time, they were gone on the original ride we wanted to go on. The longest wait we had was 20 minutes for Big Thunder Mountain one time when they were in line. The rest of the rides were 10 minutes at the MOST- several were walk ons or less than 5 minutes. The crowds in the parks were wonderful. The pop warner kids do have a party at MGM the Friday of that week- that park was very crowded that afternoon so we left. Other than that- no park problems. I do think they stay at pop century though- not completely sure. For me, we can either go that week or the week after- I want to stay in a value so I'm trying to avoid the pop warner week. If we have to go the week they're there, we'll upgrade to POFQ.

SoleilLoca said:
Well. Isn't that just PEACHY. Our travel dates are Dec. 3-9th. :furious: and to make things even BETTER...we're booked at POP. I want to cry. :sad2: maybe we'll check into another week....or another resort...or do they run rampant all over the world?
If you're booked at Pop, you'll be fine!! PC is not set-up for group events, that's what the All Stars are for. There might be a few there, but that's it.

As far as the parks go, they have their competitions during the days, then haed to the parks at night.

HTH!!! :teeth:

travelin' tigger said:
If you're booked at Pop, you'll be fine!! PC is not set-up for group events, that's what the All Stars are for. There might be a few there, but that's it.

As far as the parks go, they have their competitions during the days, then haed to the parks at night.

HTH!!! :teeth:

We stayed at Pop in December of 2004 for that very reason. That turned out to be so not true. The Pop Warner kids were all over the place. I love going in December for the weather, but I will avoid Pop Warner if at all possible. I wish the Pop Warner website would hurry up and update their website already. I want to know exact dates and what resorts are available to them.

F1Julie said:
We stayed at Pop in December of 2004 for that very reason. That turned out to be so not true.
Everyone has different experiences with PW. I've been down there the past 3 years during the 1st week of Dec. The first time in 2002 we were at ASMu and they were ALL over the place!!! At that point I vowed never to stay at the AS's during this event. The next year we were at Pop and had no problem. There were a few PW kids there with their families, but none of "chaperoned groups" were booked there. Last year we were at OKW and never even noticed them except for a few unsupervised groups at the parks.

So if you really don't want to encounter them at all, then I suggest choosing another week...JMHO!!!

We were there during PW this last December. We stayed at POFQ. I don't remember seeing any PW groups there, but there were some cheerleader type groups at POR. We didn't go over there much ... couldn't take the giggling, squealing & screaming.
We did occassionally see groups dressed alike in the parks but had ABSOLUTELY NO run ins or problems.

I did not know about PW until well after I booked. Since I had always wanted to see WDW done-up for the holidays, we opted just to maintain our resv. & keep our fingers crossed ... although I sure worried about it for a while. I'd go back at the same time without hesitation!

I figure it is better to be there at the beginning of their tournament than at the end. Like someone else said, there are going to be people who stick around after they get eliminated, but it doesn't sound like the type of thing you would go to early, especially since schools are NOT out the first week of December. The drawback here is that lots of deluxe rooms are already taken up by parade personnel, so deluxe rooms are not in great supply.

We have our room at Pop. If I can get a decent AP rate at a deluxe, great. We'll move the ressie. If I can't, we'll stay where we are. If Pop Warner kids are making me miserable then I will complain, complain, complain to Disney, to the people who oversee Pop Warner, to whoever I can find. If we have to move resorts after we have already spent one night at Pop then that's what we will do. We are only going for 3 nights total, so hopefully we won't need to switch resorts!

We changed our reservation dates. we're going on a very tight budget and as much as I'd like to stay at a moderate, we decided it's easier to just change the dates...DH was NOT happy when I told him about pop warner..he's in the hotel industry and deals with squealing, misbehaving, unsupervised groups of kids and pre-teens every day...not saying the pop kids would be like that, but he just didn't want to deal with the possibility of it..plus its his first trip to WDW and I want to try and make everything go as smoothly possible, so he'll want to go back again. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter