• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop vs Dolphin, I keep changing my mind!

You are making me think of switching. I was pricing out the Swan and Pop. We also need 2 rooms and are staying 10 nights. I kept getting a higher price with Swan/Dolphin but now I am going to reprice it. I love the location of those hotels over Pop.

Honestly incredible to see that Swan/Dolphin and Pop are comparable in terms of price. Disney needs to pay attention to this!

Depending on when you're going, they're not. We looked for our trip in January, and Swolphin was the same price as Beach Club. Swan Reserve was more than a Moderate but less than Deluxe, I think around $350 a night. We decided on Caribbean Beach because of the savings.

You will love the Dolphin. It's awesome and I would always pick that over Pop if the price was similar.

Are you accounting for the resort fees? I'd still pick Dolphin but make sure you are aware of those, they are significant.

Yes, these are total, all inclusive of taxes and fees, prices. AAA had very good rates during out time frame of July 24-31. As I mentioned, we were able to book the AAA package ($168 plus resort fee) which also includes a $50 service credit for each room, so it's like getting an additional $100 off, as well. I'm so excited! We've stayed at BWV once and I stayed at the Swan for a work conference many years ago twice. I have always loved the feel of this BC/YC, BW, Swan/Dolphin area. Very relaxing and beautiful. Can't wait!

The Swan AAA rate just lowered to $167 so I think I'm switching! I really prefer the queen beds and especially the two sink vanities for getting ready in the morning. This is going to have me so spoiled and I hope I can find these great rates again in the future. :)

The Swan AAA rate just lowered to $167 so I think I'm switching! I really prefer the queen beds and especially the two sink vanities for getting ready in the morning. This is going to have me so spoiled and I hope I can find these great rates again in the future. :)
We stayed at Dolphin on our last trip for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! we then went to AKL for 8 nights and we missed the location of the Dolphin so much. Have fun!

Be sure to sign up for Marriott promotions. Last year during the height of pandemic they offered 20% gift cards no expiration. We bought a lot. :P i doubt we will ever see that again, but even a smaller discount helps.

I bought $2000 of those 20% off gift cards, but only have a couple hundred left! I would love to find another promo like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter