• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP vs. CBR

WantToGoNow

DIS Veteran
I have stayed at both. CBR was my first Disney resort - back when it was just me and my oldest dd. Then I married dh and we had 2 more - so now we are limited to POR, a suite or 2 rooms. This trip, dh is not going so we have booked a rom at POP for me, dd26, ds9 and dd7. Thing is, I would really like to go back to CBR - my oldest and youngest went for a trip in mid-December and stayed at CBR and I can't say I wasn't a bit jealous. It would cost us about $500 more to stay at the CBR.

Ds9 was 5 when we stayed at POP - dd7 was 3 so I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember it. She wasn't at all impressed with CBR and said she wanted to go back to POR. Ds has only stayed at POP, POR and ASMo (when he was 6 months old) and he wants to go to CBR. Me and dd26 would be happy at either one.

Convince me...

I have stayed at both too. We just came back on Dec 9th from staying at POP. We stayed at CBR when we went in Jan 09. I would never go back to POP again. It cant compare, in my eyes, to CBR. POP was so crowded and took forever to get on the buses to the parks. At CBR we stayed at Martinique, we walked out our door, across the parking lot and the bus stop was right there. No more than 40 yds away. I loved it. I booked CBR the other day for 4 nights in October. I cant wait to go back.

I would never choose Pop if I could afford CBR. CBR feels more like a vacation to me, so my vote is to stay there.

We've stayed at both numerous times. We used to go to WDW at least once a year, usually staying at CBR until money became tight. During our last stay at Pop, I blurted out to DH, "If we can only afford to stay at Pop, I choose to skip a vacation until we have money to stay somewhere else." I couldn't believe that it came out of my mouth, but I've stayed true to that statement. Each time I feel like booking a cheap stay at Pop, I'm reminded of it and I wait until I have money for something else. We'll see how long this strategy lasts for me.

OP here - sounds like both of you had bad experiences at POP - we didn't. We had a very nice trip. No issues with crowds, noice, busses etc. Our room was on the 3rd floor right above the Hippy Dippy Pool. I loved the convenience to the main building, bus and pool. I'm a bit worried about the size of the room now that the kids are bigger (and need more space). DD's room at the CBR was so far away from the main building that they only went there 2x during 9 days - and she said it was a good hike to the bus stop (maybe it seemed that way because it was really cold out). Maybe we should ditch both and go to POFQ where we've never been. The only issues with that is the busses which I know shares with POR, which is my only negative with POR and the pool looks really small. Then there's CSR, but honestly, I don't like the look of the new refurbed rooms. I liked ASMo, but to me, it's just an older version of POP with even worse bus situation. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

I've stayed at both and would choose Pop easily. I didn't love CBR. The food court, the bus stops, playgrounds in the sand, the lobby/check in in a different building. We really, really enjoyed Pop last year and will be there next week. It's the first resort that we've returned to for a second visit. It will be our 6th trip. Good luck deciding!

We stayed at Pop - we loved it. We stayed at CBR - we loved it.

We choose CBR now because -
quiet pools
refrigerators
coffee makers
size of room (much larger at CBR)
food court size & selections
the walk-in pool (no steps)

I obviously would choose the larger rooms at CBR. But - Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head are at Pop, along with the cute yo-yos and the Mickey Phone.

What a choice! Have a great vacation! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter