• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP vs. Caribbean Beach Resort

TeresaZ

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose? We are going for a short weekend in February and the rates are pretty similar for the two. Which would you choose?

We did a split stay between both resorts. CBR was more spacious and had a fridge. Pop had the better food court. We thought we'd use the restaurant at CBR but never caught it open so had limited food choices (didn't open until 4pm). Both were great. Bus service was great at both but we won't pay extra for CBR again - just not enough advantages since we spent all our time in the parks. I'm sure you'll be happy at either. Some of the buildings were really far out at CBR (we asked for a closer building)

POP hands down. Better food court, better layout, better buses....just a better resort IMHO. CBR is not worth the up charge to us.

My vote is for CBR. It is our favorite Moderate. The food court has yummy offereings and we really prefer the layout to others we have tried. The laid back atmosphere is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. The landscaping is beautiful also. Here's what you will get at CBR:

Multiple covered bus stops
Bigger rooms
2 Pool slides
2 hot tubs
Bike rentals
Boat rentals

You can't go wrong with either one, CBR is just our preference.:thumbsup2

CBR!!!! POP is overloaded with kids- CBR is more relaxed. Has a better pool and hottub. Bigger rooms- double sinks. Feels like your in the carribbean.

Definitely CBR! We have done both and just love the laid back tropical feel of CBR. Love to walk along the beaches and listen to the steel drum music. The food court is great, not as many kids and a nice pool . I think it is well worth the price.

nictodisney said:
CBR was more spacious. Pop had the better food court. but we won't pay extra for CBR again - just not enough advantages since we spent all our time in the parks.

I feel the same way. not enough advantages to justify the extra cost. We LOVE pop. So much fun. great food court. We LOVE the pool side staff, they're the best I've seen from any other resort. beds are very comfy and we never had an issue with noise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

CBR!!!! POP is overloaded with kids- CBR is more relaxed. Has a better pool and hottub. Bigger rooms- double sinks. Feels like your in the carribbean.

Totally agree. We stayed at POP 2 times in a row, then at CBR two times. While we were there last month we took a ride over to POP to get some tie dye cheesecake and walk over to AoA and it was so noisy and crowded. I'm happy we've chosen CBR for now (kids are 10 and 6) but think we might try AKL next.

We've never stayed at POP, but we loved CBR. The atmosphere was beautiful, the pool was great (and has been redone since our stay), and the food court was excellent with alot of variety. We also had a great experience with the buses as we never waited long for a bus to arrive and being that CBR is centrally located, it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get anywhere. Good luck deciding, but my choice would be CBR without hesitation.

I go to WDW several times a year and normally stay at moderates (not a fan of the values). However, CBR is my least favorite moderate. Even so, I'd still choose it over Pop (especially since the price is similar). At the moderates you will have a bigger room, coffee pot in room, hot tub, pool slide, nice covered bus stops with benches, TS restaurant, and nicer theming (white sand beaches with hammocks), plus the bus stops coming out of the parks is normally closer (Pop has a tendency to be the very last bus stop it seems).

Pop does have the better food court though. It will also feel alot busier and louder. I've stayed there several times, but it's been awhile. If I ever stay there again, I'd rent a car.

off topic: you said Pop and CBR were about the same price. I'd check to see if you could get POFQ or CSR for close to the same price. They are my two favorite mods and both have queen size beds (whereas CBR is the only mod to still have full size beds), plus at POFQ you'd have the boat to DTD. CSR has the nicest main pool and the longest pool slide of the moderates and has the biggest hot tub on property. You can refill your mug and order food right there at the main pool, without going over to the main building and they have the best bus service on property.

I have stayed at both, in my opinion CBR much better. The food courts are the best at value resorts and food choices dwindle as you move up to the mods and deluxes. Overall CBR better resort

Thanks y'all! I think we are going to go with CBR. Pop seems to be "too much" for our tastes. We prefer a little more peaceful atmosphere.

(I did check out Port Orleans but it is a couple hundred more than csr)

I think you made the right choice with CBR. I've never been to Pop but I've stayed at CBR a few times. I can't imagine staying in a room smaller than the one at CBR. I love the calm tropical theme/atmosphere, the hammocks on the beaches, and the pool area. I really liked the CBR food court (for a food court).

We preferred POP ONLY because there is just one bus stop. The CBR had way too many stops throughout the resort. It took absolutely forever to get out or back! Plus, the busses are always FREEZING. In February, they STILL have it blasting cold air!

I'm not too worried about the buses. We have a car, and honestly, I've never really minded riding - first stop or last.

I've been several times in February - once we froze, once we were hot! Lol I'm a Florida native so I have mastered the art of layering!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter