Pop vs ASM

icequeenkcl

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
Your opinion please, thinking about booking a vacation and was wondering which resort the majority preferred pop century or all star music, we stayed at pop when it first opened and weren't overly fond of it! Has it gotten better? If so is it worth it to pay for a preferred room????

Thanks in advance!!!!
Krista

We stayed at Movies years ago liked it, but have stayed at POP for at least the last 5 trips & we love it. My cousins have always stayed moderate & tried POP last trip & have declared it their new home. We only got the preferred room once. Didn't feel like we needed to do it again to get a good spot.

We stayed at Pop last year, first time at a value, and we loved it, room was fine, pools were great, very good food court and the buses were always on time, never had any issues with them ,. I was a little Leary about staying at a value but was very pleasantly surprised!!!i would stay again at POP Ina minute!!!

I've stayed at Pop twice, All Star Music once and All Star Movies once. I prefer the All Stars over Pop. I know a lot of people complain about shared buses at the All Stars, but having stayed at Movies during the week between Christmas and New Years, and Music during Bazillions of Brazillians season, it's a non-issue. I also found that each All Star is noticeably smaller. You don't need a preferred room; the farthest rooms are just a 5 minute walk from the lobby. There's also a lot more landscaping at the All Stars, so you don't have the concrete jungle feel that you have at Pop.

Having stayed at both, I'd go with Pop. My family and I just seem to enjoy it and have never had any problems. We did the preferred room in December, but it didn't really seem worth it as we've had just as good spots without it.

I've stayed at Pop and ASMusic. I like them both! This would be a hard decision. Pop is bigger than Music. Music seemed a bit more quiet and more landscaped. The walk from standard rooms to the bus stop and the central buildings is only about 5 minutes.

Buses are really not an issue, at least for my stays. I was there in October 2012 (MNSSHP) at Music and November 2011 (Thanksgiving) at Pop. I will say I stood more on the Pop buses than I did for Music buses. There was never more than a 10 minute wait at either resort.

Most likely between the two, I would chose Music?Movies first, then try for Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter