POP vs. All Star Sports???

MeLaNie9

DIS Veteran
Booking for 3 nights prior to spring break cruise and not going to the parks, except maybe a water park.
Trying to decide between POP (looks like better food court options) and All Star Sports (which my sons prefer simply for the sports theme). With the new early 2016 offer, price is very similar.
One son has a food allergy and I am thinking that the more options at POP might give more opportunities for him to eat??
Any thoughts?
TIA

I normally give the vote to All Stars over Pop as they are smaller, quieter and a bit less chaotic.

Pop has a few more food court offerings (grilled flatbreads for example) and it has an additional pool. You could also walk over and tour AoA.

You don't say what he is allergic to.....with some allergies the number of offerings won't matter much.

Sports was great with my allergy requests. The staff/Manager was great and really went above and beyond to make it work for me.

I think I was only avoiding egg and wheat when I stayed there. (next trip to Movies I was avoiding about 8 things and they were super as well and did a lot of exchanging to get me meals that I could eat) Next trip I am back down to about 6 things and staying at POP so I'd be interested in how you do and what you are able to get.

I have enjoyed my stays at ASSp but love POP Century. I have had the opposite experience where Sports is always happening, always busy, pools always wall to wall folks. The new food court is nice.

POP not only has it's food court but across the bridge you have AoA with a whole different menu. Interesting that at AoA I have often seen the chef out wandering among and talking to guests, myself included. POP's quiet pools are not only quiet but big, plenty of lounges and tables.

I think Pop is the way to go. They have a decent food court and you don't ever have to worry about sharing buses to the parks

Pop is a newer resort and is definitely the one I would choose. I have not stayed at All Stars in years but it always seemed a little sad compared to Pop.

Poor All Star sports is the red headed step child of the values! ;) I have stayed at both and I enjoy both but what I really like about All Star Sports is that it is usually less crowded. The theming is actually really fun. The food court was more than adequate and I really enjoyed both my stays there. My family and I have also done Pop. It's also a lot of fun theming wise. The food court is pretty big but it was much louder and more crowded than AllStSp's ever was. The only drawback with the all stars can be the bus sharing but it really wasn't that bad.

Sports and Music tend to be cheaper. I don't fine the location of either to be advantageous so I would just go by price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter