• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP, very,very pleased

Bilierka

Mouseketeer
Just got back form 6 days at POP and I must say i was very pleased with the entire stay. Did on line check in and it was a breeze once we got there, had my packet in two minutes flat. had req. 50's facing the lake, standard room but was prepared to take what I was given.

This was my first foray into value land having doen WL x3 and CBR x 3. POP was every bit as enjoyable.

Our room was in the fifties, bld.3 sec.floor facing the lake)AofA coming along very well), the room was spotless, mousekeeping was great, we had no issues whatsoever with our room.We were literally two minutes awasy from classic hall, I could not believe what a great room we had without having to spend the extra for preferred. One negative but I think it;s DW in general, there channel lineup for t.v. was terrible.

The food court was great. Always plenty of seating, considering the sheer number of people at the resort, it was very clean and well stocked. We were on free dining QS plan, had plenty fo food and did not even use up all the snack credits., the food choices were good,lots of fresh fruit, though the kids menu is somewhat limited).

I thought the POP gift shop was excellent. Very good selection, though like others, I lament the loss of resort specific merchandise.

Loved the luggage check in, so easy to send your checked bags on there way and get your boarding passes.

Loved the games they play everyday, the hustle, the twist and the music is great you will be walking along singing to the beach boys, beatles,chuuby checker etc.

Did I miss some of the amenities of the deluxes and mods, not really. Did not miss a full service rest., didn;t really miss a hot tub or pool slides, the one thing I will admit to missing, a fridge in the room., I know i could have rented one but didn't want the extra expense.

All in all I was very pleased with our POP experience and would stay there again. You get a lot of bang for your buck there. It was a great time without breaking ther bank.

So happy you had a wonderful stay at POP!!:thumbsup2 we are staying there in just 2 weeks!!:cool1: I hope we enjoy it as much as you did!! :yay:

We love POP. We consider it our home resort. Besides, where else can you get tie-dyed cheesecake?:thumbsup2

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pop. We will be staying there for the first time in January....we are doing a split stay, 3 nights at BCV and then moving over to Pop for 3 nights. This too will be our first stay at a Value and we are very excited to try it out (we love trying out new things), however I know the one thing that DH and I will miss when we go to Pop is our balcony...we love our balcony in the morning and late at night while the kids are asleep, but looking on the bright side, we are in Disney :goodvibes.

I was at the Pop for six days in September and really enjoyed it as well. I tried the tie dyed cheesecake and didn't love it, but enjoyed the quick service dining. I was in the 70s way back, but still a fine walk and I got to see an armadillo wandering around in the vegetation! Check in was busy but manageable, mousekeeping was delightful, and overall very nice experience. Of course, it was just me, so I don't know how it would be with a few more people in the room. I'll stay there again anytime the opportunity presents

We LOVED our stay at Pop also. Such a great resort and so well themed. Nice to hear about someone else's great experience!

I'm glad you enjoyed Pop!

DD and I have stayed at Pop once before. This time we are bringing DH and DS. Can't wait!

We're staying at Pop in less than 3 weeks. I hope our stay is as nice as yours! Thanks for sharing. Did you decorate your window or door?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter