Pop Up Help needed asap!!!

Minnie mom of 6

Earning My Ears
My vacation in 2 weeks to the fort is at risk!!

Dh was getting the pop up ready for our first time out and we redid the counters and such well when he was lowering it the back end collapsed. Now it is stuck 1/2 up in the air and the one rod is bent a little. So We tried to have some guys help lift it but it did not work. The crank is in the all the way down position and will not pop back up. Anyone have this happen?? know if it can be fixed? Anyone know anyone in the orlando area that is a good repair man for the job ??? ot looking good at all:sad2:

My trip to the fort on the 15th -17th of may is not looking good at all:sad1:

I hope things turn around for you. I think there was someone on the board that has some experience with pops & cranks hopefully they will see this and get back with you:thumbsup2 Good Luck I'm sure it will all workout.

I hope things turn around for you. I think there was someone on the board that has some experience with pops & cranks hopefully they will see this and get back with you:thumbsup2 Good Luck I'm sure it will all workout.

Tungpo and I helped tigger0624 and her dh fix a broken cable. Is the cable broken?

I am not sure. The whole thing is down but one side. is there a cabel in the crank. I just cant get it to go down on one side. :(
while he was turning it down the back fell so maybe !! just the back wiil not crank up

Yep, it sounds like a broken cable. Get a board or something to prop up the droopy end of the roof so you don't bend the liftying rods or put any more stress on them. Or the cable might have jumped off one of the pulleys used. In either case you need to gain access to the lifting mechanism (depends on your trailer) and check. I'm no expert since it's never happened to me but that's what I've heard 'round the campground.

Bama ED

Tungpo and I helped tigger0624 and her dh fix a broken cable. Is the cable broken?

Try to get some 2x4s to lift up the bad end so the arms don't bend.

A cable is about $50. but it will take you a little bite of time to do it. Hopefully the arms are not bent.

What type of camper is it? Mine was a coleman Utah.

And if Stacktester and Tungpo are anything like the guys that will be helping you get at least two cases of beer!! :lmao:

Do you know what kind of lifter system the popup has? Manufacturer, date and model of popup would help. If you look under the unit, what do you see? Cables? Tubes?

The pop up is a Jayco and has a flying bird on the side.
It is a crank top that has 3 metal poles on each side
Dh is looking at it now.:)

I am not sure of the eact model off hand. We bought it used in feb and this will be our 1st trip with it

Thank you

In order to purchase replacement parts you will need to have the year and the model #. You should be able to find this information on a sheet of paper glued to the inside of a cabinet door somewhere within the unit.

By your explanation of the poles, I assume that you mean that you have 4 3-section poles...one at each corner...this is standard. Also, I hate to even ask, but did you remove the safety poles (I'm not sure what Jayco may use here...) before trying to lower the roof? I'm sure that you did, but I know sometimes they are easy to forget.

Jayco used to put their cable lifter system inside the unit buried behind cabinets, panels, etc. If that is the case, it is more difficult to access. Depending on the extent of the remodeling that was done, it is possible that a cable was cut, knocked off the guides, etc.

Dh said that the crank is bent into another piece of metal and he is going to call an rv repair now. Bates rv? in Dover fl. So we are going to the "other" experts!! Thanks dis guys!!!

Bates has been around forever and is very reputable. They will have you back in business in time for your trip!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter