Pop Up Hamper or......

dizzi

DIS Veteran
I haveBeen reading alot.... we leave in 40 days for our parks/cruise, wedding, honeymoon, vaca.

And i keep seeing this take a pop up hamper and the more i think about the more i think this idea would also work and i am going to try it.

Normally we put all of our luggage under the bed.
But this time i am going to take one large piece of luggage put it in the closet and set it up right with it like half way unzipped and line it with a trash bag just like a trash can.

THen i am just going to put all of our dirty clothes into that.
When its full, zip it up and start over.

Now my dirty clothes are out of the way and packed!!!:scared1:

I haveBeen reading alot.... we leave in 40 days for our parks/cruise, wedding, honeymoon, vaca.

And i keep seeing this take a pop up hamper and the more i think about the more i think this idea would also work and i am going to try it.

Normally we put all of our luggage under the bed.
But this time i am going to take one large piece of luggage put it in the closet and set it up right with it like half way unzipped and line it with a trash bag just like a trash can.

THen i am just going to put all of our dirty clothes into that.
When its full, zip it up and start over.

Now my dirty clothes are out of the way and packed!!!:scared1:

We always unpack our suitcases when ever we get to our destination so that way everyday we just pack our dirty clothes back into the suitcase so on the last day all we have to pack up is toiletries and we bag whatever clean clothes we have not worn and pack it up. It saves so much time.

We always unpack our suitcases when ever we get to our destination so that way everyday we just pack our dirty clothes back into the suitcase so on the last day all we have to pack up is toiletries and we bag whatever clean clothes we have not worn and pack it up. It saves so much time.

This is a great idea! Can anyone give me the size of the floor of the closet in the Dream (does it vary by cabin type?)? Then I could figure out if my luggage might fit.

Thanks!

This is a great idea! Can anyone give me the size of the floor of the closet in the Dream (does it vary by cabin type?)? Then I could figure out if my luggage might fit.

Thanks!

The luggage fits nicely under the bed too. We use the closet floor for our shoes.

You'd really be cutting out a lot of closet space by putting a large suitcase in there. There's not that much room.

I've done the same with the suit cases, but be aware that when you stuff them with dirty clothes, you can easly pack them past the weight limits for most airlines, so keep track!

I've done the same with the suit cases, but be aware that when you stuff them with dirty clothes, you can easly pack them past the weight limits for most airlines, so keep track!

But, if they were already within weight limits when clean, dirty clothes will have the same weight. :rolleyes1

That is basically how I do it except I fold the dirty clothes so that they are packed again when they are no longer are going to be worn on the trip. This means less for me to pack at the end of the cruise and more time to enjoy the last night of the trip!

Have a terrific cruise!!!

But, if they were already within weight limits when clean, dirty clothes will have the same weight. :rolleyes1

You'd be surprised at how much more you can shove into a suit case when you don't care how its going to look wihen you unpack!!

I used the XXL Ziplock bag for our dirty clothes. We left it on the floor inthe corner, and everyone would toss their stuff in. When it got full, I would quickly fold it and put it in a suitcase to bring home.

Some of the larger suitcases will not fit under the bed. We had to put our two inside the closet, which reduced one of the sides to a half height closet. We (the adults) didn't bring much to hang up so not that big a deal to only use one side. DD's dresses went into the suitcases side.

I used the XXL Ziplock bag for our dirty clothes. We left it on the floor inthe corner, and everyone would toss their stuff in. When it got full, I would quickly fold it and put it in a suitcase to bring home.

We do this with WalMart bags.

Some of the larger suitcases will not fit under the bed. We had to put our two inside the closet, which reduced one of the sides to a half height closet. We (the adults) didn't bring much to hang up so not that big a deal to only use one side. DD's dresses went into the suitcases side.

It is possible to store larger suitcases under the bed on the Magic/Wonder. Lift the end of the bed. No issues with the Dream.

Thanks for this thread! A different poster in another thread had recommended "use the room ottoman as a clothes hamper throughout the week". Can anyone comment on this? Since I'm new to DCL, I don't know which ships or rooms have ottomans or whether this is a good idea.

OP, your idea should work but I will say that the pop-up hampers do not take up hardly any room in your suitcase. Here's what we do - we take three - one for dark clothes, one for light clothes, and one for socks and undergarments. If we aren't doing laundry onboard, then when any of the hampers is getting full, we'll pull out a suitcase and put the dirty clothes in. Then at the end of the week when it's time to pack, we'll put the rest of the dirty clothes in - so all the darks are together, the lights are together, and we bring along a really big plastic bag to put the dirty undergarments in before putting them in the suitcase. Then when we get home, the laundry is already sorted and makes it easier to deal with.

We find that we pack differently for going home than for arriving on vacation. If we fly, we pack some of each person's things in each suitcase so if one doesn't make it, everyone still has something to wear. Going home it doesn't matter, so we put the dirty clothes in by color. If we drive, we pack each person in their own suitcase up to three (there are four of us but only three of our larger bags fit in our car) and then no more than two smaller bags.

We just got off the Dream this morning.. I took a *Horizontal* pop hamper (got it at walmart for $3 or $4) and put it on the left side of the bed, under the night stand. It stuck half way out, but was not in the way.. worked out perfect. We chucked our clothes in there all week. We also had a vertical, but didn't really have a place to put it. I never thought of using the ottoman for dirty clothes. That dang thing was in our way the whole time, because we also had the pack n play set up.. I'm sure that would have worked too. I was pleasantly surprised with how much storage room we had.

--Heather

I think I'd still take the pop-up hamper, and as it gets filled, put it in a suitcase. Because, to be honest, wadded clothes seem to take up more space than folded ones.

The neat freak in me LOVES the idea of the darks/Whites laundry baskets...could have used that on the last Med Cruise to make life easier.

We take a couple of trash bags and put our dirty clothes in them and keep them in the closet.

I bring an XL boat and tote bag (LLBean / Lands' End style.) I put pirate costumes, FE stuff, room snacks in it and check it to the room -- it's all "disposable" stuff that won't come home with us. I keep a mesh laundry bag in the tote. Once we get our luggage, the tote is emptied, the mesh bag is placed inside as a liner, and the tote goes on the closet floor and becomes our laundry hamper. At the end of the cruise, I close the mesh bag, zip up the tote, and set it in the hallway the final night. I used to use a pop-up hamper; but this has become my new favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter