Pop to Anywhere Else ???

Begiensgirl

Been there, done that, doing it AGAIN!
Forgive me if this has been answered recently. I've searched the FAQ's and the Pop thread and there is so much info related to transportation that I can't find what I'm looking for!

It's not a bad thing... I'm just impatient I guess, so please can someone tell me....

If Pop buses are just for Pop, than in order to get to the other resorts, I have to get to the TTC? I mean, can I take a bus to MK and grab the ferry to WL? I know I can get the Monorail to the GF, Poly, and Cont. But I'm wondering how convoluted it is to get to say the YC or BC from Pop.

If I ask, will guest services at Pop call a cab to get us to another resort if we wish, rather than take the buses? And does anyone have an example of what it might cost me?

Sorry for all the questions. We plan on visiting all the resorts, and trying out more resort restaurants, but we've never stayed at the Pop and while I think the busses are generally great, when my DF is hungry his stomach isn't the only thing that growls ;) and he might not be thrilled with bus hopping. He's 54 and this is his first trip back to WDW since Magic Kingdom first opened. I'm trying to keep simple.

Again, I'm sorry if I should be asking this someplace else..... hey, I'm a Pop Rookie...lol... I need HELP! :confused3

There is no direct resort to resort bus transportation. So you would have to make at least one stop after Pop Century if you want to continue on to another resort.

But, as you said, you can take a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Or, a bus to Animal Kingdom and then to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Or, a bus to the Studios and then a boat to the Epcot resort area (you can also walk it if you want).

The closest park entrance to Pop Century via bus would be the Hollywood Studios. From there, you can get a bus to any of the other resorts except the Epcot ones. For those five resorts, use the boat or walk.

You can get a cab if you want. The cost will depend on how far you are going. The Epcot resorts are the biggest pain (in my opinion) to get to via Disney transportation from Pop Century but they are very close so the cab won't cost that much.

As always, though, allow yourself at least an hour to use Disney transportation to get anywhere.

PS - take a few snacks for your husband to munch on during the trip on the bus!

Thank you - I pretty much figured that was how I'd have to do it...

Well, my fiance likes adventures, so I'll just have to let him think he's plotting our course as we go from stop to stop, and we'll just do the bus thing. ;)

I love the snack idea... but he is old school. He'll say" I don't want to ruin my appetite..." and then grumble about how hungry he is.

Other than that, he's a very sweet bear. :)
:thanks:

I love the snack idea... but he is old school. He'll say" I don't want to ruin my appetite..." and then grumble about how hungry he is.

Other than that, he's a very sweet bear. :)
:thanks:

Trick the bear. Give him a bottle of water. Doesn't fill you up but it makes you think you are. And it'll give him something to do waiting for the buses, etc.

I checked with Mears and they said it depends on how far in between. It could cost $10-$15 each way with no more then $25 to go from 1 side of Disney to the other. If you have a party of 7 or more they recommend you ask for a van.

Trick the bear. Give him a bottle of water. Doesn't fill you up but it makes you think you are. And it'll give him something to do waiting for the buses, etc.

Now that might work! Thanks for the tip!!!:thumbsup2

I can tell you that From POP (one way) to the Hoop Dee Doo (which is at Fort Wilderness) cost us $17 plus tip. We try to budget a bit extra money for cabs because its our vacation and its nice to forgo the transfers to get to resort restaurants! We called the front desk at POP and they made the arrangements for the cab to be waiting on us in front of the luggage storage area. However, I hope you have a nicer cab driver than us- he was rude to us for being there at 6:15 rather than 5 minutes ahead of time (we scheduled for 6:15 :confused3 ) and then he had to stop and ask for directions after making several wrong turns and using lots of foul language!!! Better luck to you :thumbsup2 - this was the first time we've had someone like that!

Take the resort bus to a park then hop on the resort bus you want to visit, save some money

We stay at POP fairly often and just plan accordingly when heading to other resorts. For instance....if we're going to be in MK that day, we try to plan any activities at CR, Polynesian or GF for that same day. Also WL. They are all very easy to get to from MK. At Epcot, or DHS?? You can easily walk or take the boat to YC/BC, S/D or BW.
Or you can just go to the nearest park..in your case either Epcot or DHS, and hop on the resort bus you want.
It does add a bit of time, but it's pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.

And here is a handy "Transportation Wizard" to give you suggestions...

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

Just remember - WDW seems to tell you to bus to DTD to get to other resorts, but that is the absolute slowest way. The nearest park (to your resort or your destination resort) seems to be the best way as others have said.

When it was just the two of us, taking buses was fine. However, on our last trip, with two kids, we spent the day at AK and then ate at AKL for dinner. And we took a taxi back to ASMusic, and I think that it was around $10 (DH tipped another $5). It was soooooooooooo worth it!

There are taxis hanging around the resorts just like any resort. We just walked outside and hopped in. So, if you decide that you want to taxi instead of taking buses, it is easy (you don't need to call a taxi service ahead of time).

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter