• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP September w/ free dinning?

mickey1979

Earning My Ears
What are your thoughts on crowds, the heat, and are you going to be there also. please share all your ideas and any thing else you feel like sharing.
thanks

POP early sept.

We'll be there first week of September at Pop. I think the heat will be horrible... lots of humidity. Make sure to take breaks and drink LOTS of water, you won't feel thirst until it is too late and you are dehydrated!

I think the crowds will be very low and incredibly manageable. (this will be my second 'free dining' trip and about my 6th or 7th consecutive 2 week long September trip) I think the main place you will notice 'crowds' will be at table service restaurants as a ton more people will be on the dining plan that normally wouldn't be.

Make sure to make all ADR's ahead of time. I have a feeling it will be nearly impossible to walk up to popular places.

Have fun!

September is my all time favorite time to go!!! It does get pretty warm :beach: , but that is when we hit the pool during the day. I have usually gone towards the end of the month, & the crowds were low even during free dining. I think most rides we wait about 15 minutes.

I hope the crowds wont be that bad...i'll be at pop sep 3-10th hope to see some DIS members there.

Yeah it's gonna be HOT I plan to plan my day around being hot sure there is those do 1st attractions because of crowd after that it's gonna be do outside stuff before it gets to hot then move to indoor stuff. Afternoon break every day which we do even during the cooler months. Lots of water.

Last year I made me a hand held fan out of thin cardboard an construction paper (as close to lime green as I could get Mickey head shape of course) Even laminated the fan it was holding up very well till I lost it on Space Mountain the last day of my visit. Was gonna make me another for this years visit but we riding the Harley down might not have room for it.

I go to bathroom get a paper towel about 2 foot long fold it up into a wash cloth size or smaller wet it and carry it with me to wipe my face and neck with when it drys out or gets hot I rewet. Usually go thru 3 or 4 of those paper cloths a day in the parks like them much better than a real wash cloth that I have to worry about dropping or laying down somewhere that I wouldn't want to use it again etc.

Parks won't be that crowded but the TS restuarants will be busy hope you got your ADR's all made.

I expect POP to be pretty crowded but it's so big that it's not gonna matter much.

I was there during free dining last September (10-16). Yes, it's HOT. Crowds were wonderful at that time....the only thing that was busy were the restaurants. Just about everything was walk on...or maybe a 5 minute wait. The longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes for Test Track, and that's only because something messed up and they couldn't load anyone during that time. September is definitely our favorite month to go now and we'll be there again September 12-18!! To give you an example on crowds, here's a pic of the castle on a Saturday at around 1pm (taken 9/16/06)...take a look at all that walking room!!

lowcrowdcastle.jpg

this will be my first sept trip, leaving the 19th. The past few yrs I have become more aware of the heat even in the summer in New England so one of my must have items to get was a fan and spraybottle fan. I picke them up at wal mart from 97 cent to 4.99. A little spray of water can help me last a lot longer in the heat...

We will be at Pop September 14 - 22 for free dining!!! Can't hardly wait! I have no dought that it will be hot, hot, hot. Hopefully the crowds will be low so there won't be a lot of waiting around in the sun. See everybody in 25 days! Woo Hoo!

We are going to be there Sept 3 to 10....can't wait, going to be at POP also.

Free Dining here we come

:thumbsup2 :lmao: :banana: :yay:

We will be at POP from August 31-September 10. :cloud9: Im so excited :woohoo:

A little disappointed though that some of my favorite rides will be closed down during that time, but am determined to have a good time anyway:goodvibes

well, we live in san antonio, trust me,the humidity in the world CAN'T be worse than it is around here, or the heat for that matter. the only thing i worry about is crowds, but hopefully they will be less than expected. no bugs on the other hand:scared1: :rolleyes: see you all there!

We were there Labor Day week last year and going the same time this year. The crowds were very low. Our longest wait was about 20 mins, but most rides were walk on. It was hot but we are used to it being from south Mississippi.

We are going to be there Sept 3 to 10....can't wait, going to be at POP also.

Free Dining here we come

:thumbsup2 :lmao: :banana: :yay:

Don't you dare wear any Leafs attire while I'm at pop (2nd-8th), I just might have to wear my Habs jersey! Go Habs Go!

A little disappointed though that some of my favorite rides will be closed down during that time, but am determined to have a good time anyway:goodvibes
Ah, but maybe this will give you the opportunity to develop some NEW favorite rides! I'm really disappointed about SpaceShip Earth :(

I was at the World last August and it was hot! Going to Pop Sept. 6-13. Sure it is going to be hot! So many places to dodge inside with ac and cool off. :goodvibes

Ah, but maybe this will give you the opportunity to develop some NEW favorite rides! I'm really disappointed about SpaceShip Earth :(

Haha, you sound like my dad. Im pretty sure he almost cried when he found out that SpaceShip Earth will be closed during that time. And don't worry, I have plenty of other favorites hehe. Im sure we will have a good time anyway, if my dad can keep from crying when he sees SpaceShip Earth and cant ride hehe.

We'll be there September 9-15, and can't wait! We went the same week four years ago, and it was very hot and humid, but we didn't have one drop of rain that whole week! The crowds were very low, we walked on to most rides. I think Dumbo was the longest wait, 30 min. Of course, that was before free dining, so that may make it a bit more crowded. We'll see in 20 days I guess! (o:

I'll be there Sept. 8-15 and can't wait. I'm expecting heat and rain and a whole lot of a good time. Crowds won't be too bad as schools will have just started and some parents will wait a few weeks to pull their kids out of school.

We will be there for free dining again this year from the 6-9, well technically the 7th cuz we wont be arrving till past midnight on the 6th..lol. cant wait and yes last year we went for the pin event (couldnt affod this year) and the crowds were VERY light at epcot for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter