Pop ROCKS!!

When we stayed in August we stayed in the 50's building,room 1408 in the Lady & the Tramp Bldg.. It was so close to everything POP,...food court and store,the Hippy Dippy Pool with those awesome water sprays, and check -in. I would say that it was in a premium location...even better than some of the 60's rooms that you pay an extra $10.00/nite for. I would stay there again in a heartbeat , although I'd ask for a second floor room ,instead of our 4th floor room. There was an elevator ,but sometimes I would have preferred running up only 2 flts. of stairs instead of 4flts.(which I only "ran" up once).We were really too hot and tired after a day at the parks and usually took the elevators! If your looking for a great room location ask for room 1408. :flower:

Stayed there 3 times & have enjoyed each one, lots of room around the resort,very colorful and just fun. Coming back in Dec for a 4th time--can't wait :banana: :banana:

I've stayed at PC twice now, and loved it both times! I caught the Disney fever from a friend from NY last year; she came down with her husband for their anniversary in September '04, and I met up with them, spending the day at MK and night at Epcot. I was hooked. :Pinkbounc In November '04, I brought my youngest nephew, then 6, for a quick overnight trip, and stayed at PC on the CM's recommendation. We had a great time, so I had to bring the rest of my family. :banana:

In October 2005, my family [mom, 70, sister, 41, niece, 16 and nephews 18,13, 7] and I [43] stayed in two connecting rooms in the Playdoh building, rooms 4430 and 31. Close enough to everything essential [pool, Classic Hall, buses, etc] to get there quickly, but on the lake side of the building, so it's relatively quiet. :rolleyes: Plus, a quick step outside and we could see Epcot's fireworks nightly, if we wanted to. Everyone in my party, including the hard-to-please-teenagers, loved the place. :cool1:

I faxed these requests to the "Room Assignor" a few days before the trip:

- - - It would be important to us to have connecting – or least adjoining – rooms, as we have several children with us.
- - - I understand there are some rooms that can see the fireworks from Epcot? If you could put us in two rooms with a “fireworks” view, that would be great, otherwise any 2 [connecting or adjoining] rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor facing the lake would be my next choice. If nothing is available on that side of the buildings, any 2 rooms [connecting or adjoining] on the 3rd or 4th floor would be fine.
Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide. We’re all very much looking forward to staying at Pop Century!

As you can tell, I got my first choice requests - all of them! I had reserved Preferred rooms in the 60's [with my mom and sister having mobility problems, I didn't want to take the chance of an 80's room], and non-smoking when I made the reservations.

The only problems I encountered [aside from the toothache from hell, but that's another story that has nothing to do w/ PC itself!] were that the fridge I had requested originally, which was on the confirmation I received in the mail, wasn't in the room and I had to call housekeeping for it, and that the buses weren't always all that. I guess 20 minutes between them seems about right, on average. Plus, the bus spots for PC are always the very furthest...which I understand intellectually, but after a long hard day, the walk to that spot is tough! Everything else about Pop does rock!

I want to check out other resorts as well, so I'm going to have some long weekends at the mods over the next several months, but I would definitely stay at Pop Century again [and probably will when I take longer trips!], as well as recommend it to anyone.

Glad you liked it.

We stayed at Pop two years in a row and love the place.

I'm always amazed when I see some really bad reviews about Pop. But I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Pop Century fan and proud of it.

Staying at POP in December...can't wait. Was wondering are the pools heated and what are the pool hours as well as the bar hours at the resort?

When I booked our rooms at POP, the CM told me that all resort pools are heated to 82 degrees year round. I am hoping that it will be nice enough to swim. I dont know about the pool hours, though. Maybe someone else can post them.... :)

as far as the bars go, I don't know. I think their hours may vary with crowd levels as Classic Concotions was only open two nights (friday and saturday) during our stay, but Petals (the hippy dippy pool bar) appeared to be open every evening. hope that helps a little.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter