• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP renovation???

DreamnDisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if they are still renovating POP after the 70's building? What building is next? Does anyone know when the renovation will be done?

I don't know. The rooms look more than spruced up to me. I was in a non refurb room in Jan. that I didn't enjoy at all because it was old and dirty. These new refurb rooms look SO much better. It would make a huge difference to me if I was staying there if I got a refurb room or not.
I've heard they are trying to get it done in 12 weeks, but I don't know what building next or in what order.

I don't know. The rooms look more than spruced up to me. I was in a non refurb room in Jan. that I didn't enjoy at all because it was old and dirty. These new refurb rooms look SO much better. It would make a huge difference to me if I was staying there if I got a refurb room or not.
I've heard they are trying to get it done in 12 weeks, but I don't know what building next or in what order.

Being in the construction industry, and reading the building permit description, we call it "sprucing up." To us, renovations would be totally gutting the place and putting in new hvac systems, new electrical, etc.

Awesome! It does make a big difference. When paying the price for POP you expect to get what you pay for. For the price, the "sprucing up" makes it a steal!

williamson_ja said:
More accurately, it's expected to take twelve weeks; yes, there's a difference between that and 'trying to get it done in' twelve weeks. The latter implies a possibility (not likelihood, but possibility) of cutting corners toward the end if they run behind schedule.

And to answer the OP: yes, they will be moving on to other buildings after the 70's are done, if they haven't already; and nobody's posted which building is next as far as I know; and, as above, ideally twelve weeks but if it takes longer, it takes longer.

More accurately, it's expected to take twelve weeks; yes, there's a difference between that and 'trying to get it done in' twelve weeks. The latter implies a possibility (not likelihood, but possibility) of cutting corners toward the end if they run behind schedule.

And to answer the OP: yes, they will be moving on to other buildings after the 70's are done, if they haven't already; and nobody's posted which building is next as far as I know; and, as above, ideally twelve weeks but if it takes longer, it takes longer.

So far, I haven't been able to find a building permit that has something other than the 70's building.

Luckily, a lot of it is inside work, which keeps it from being all "weather-permitting".

We stayed in building 7 last weekend--I think it was 80's--the stairwells had the Rubik's cube. We were told at check in our room had been renovated. I think it was in good shape and the mattresses seemed new. We did not see work going on or rooms blocked off, but we did not spend a lot of time at the resort.
Bus service was phenomenal there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter