• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP refurbed rooms with Flat Screens! Update Page 13 **

I just walked all the way around building 4. Every single room on the 1st floor is empty and being painted. Carpets not in yet, matresses still in plastic. I took pics, will post tomorrow. I asked a worker, he said this building will be done by Friday. Planning on bldg 1, 4th floor next week.

So after this week all buildings are refurbed except 1 and 2? Good to know. We arrive at POP 2 weeks from Friday, so odds are that we will get a refurbed room. I am SO thankful for some solid clear observations on the status of POP. Thanks fellow DISers!

I just walked all the way around building 4. Every single room on the 1st floor is empty and being painted. Carpets not in yet, matresses still in plastic. I took pics, will post tomorrow. I asked a worker, he said this building will be done by Friday. Planning on bldg 1, 4th floor next week.

Awesome thanks!! Can't wait to see pics!!

Just got back to my room after a rainy night in hippy dippy pool. Building #4 - 1st floor, closed all the way around for refurbs.

Just booked my bounceback. Can't wait for 2011!!!

Tammi what was your bounceback? I currently get to stay at a value with the 1snack 1 CS and 1TS dining plan for free and not have to pay since we started before the CS only existed. We're wondering if we will get to do this next year or if we will have to play to upgrade to that plan

If I"m not mistaken, the 50's rooms, that are the furthest from the main building and bus stop that face outward, would have a view of the fireworks. One evening we were waiting for a bus, and we looked over in that direction and could see fireworks. I believe it was EPCOTs. I can't imagine how anyone could see MK fireworks from the Pop. MK is several miles north of EPCOT. It might even be 5 or more miles. The preferred rooms are the ones closest to the main pool and the main building. At Pop it has nothing to do with view at all. So the rooms that you might be able to see fireworks from are not preferred.

If you pay for preferred, you still have the option of making a request. It is a request, just that. But go ahead and ask for anything you think you want. You never know. I know people who request a particular room by number and have gotten it. :cheer2: 76 more days!

You can see the higher fireworks from Epcot, but not the lower stuff. But the main fireworks people watch are the Magic Kingdom. It's really not that far. I can see fireworks at my house on the 4th that are 30 plus miles away and they are BIG.
I have also watched MK's fireowrks while eating dinner at Captn Jacks in DTD.

Tammi what was your bounceback? I currently get to stay at a value with the 1snack 1 CS and 1TS dining plan for free and not have to pay since we started before the CS only existed. We're wondering if we will get to do this next year or if we will have to play to upgrade to that plan

I second this question! Thanks Tammi for all your help!

Early reports from people arriving after FD started was that they are discontinuing BB offers. I'd love to hear an update on this myself. We are going in December and planned to book a BB since the FD for next year announced already didn't extend until Dec.

There are bounceback offers. But they are the exact same as the general public offer. QSDP at the values,regular plan at the mods and deluxes. I was hoping for a better BB offer also but booked this past week. This info is in the discount/thread at the top of the page.

There are bounceback offers. But they are the exact same as the general public offer. QSDP at the values,regular plan at the mods and deluxes. I was hoping for a better BB offer also but booked this past week. This info is in the discount/thread at the top of the page.

Well, I'd settle even for that at this point. It was just too hot the end of Sept/early Oct last year. I need Nov or Dec!

Unfortunately, I'm home now.... :sad1:

I brought the BounceBack paperwork home with me because I had a feeling someone would ask. Here is what the offer says....

Free Quick Service Dining Plan when you buy this 4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Disney Value Resorts.

Arrival Dates: 1/2/11-1/5/11; 1/9/11-1/13/11; 1/21/11-2/3/11, 2/11/11-2/16/11, 8/19/11-9/29/11. Offer code: UN3

Free Disney Dining Plan when you buy this 4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Disney Moderate Resorts.

Arrival Dates: 1/2/11-1/5/11; 1/9/11-1/13/11; 1/21/11-2/3/11, 2/11/11-2/16/11, 8/19/11-9/29/11. Offer code: BN6

See calendar on back for other dates (yes, I will list them). Book through December 20, 2011. (They also give an extension and a phone number to call - yeah, those phone numbers don't work - I tried 5 times! I called the front desk, they transferred me).

ALL HIGHLIGHTED DATES ON BACK OF FLYER:

10/1- 10/7
10/22 - 10/28
11/12 - 11/18
11/27 - 12/2
12/10 - 12/21

1/1 - 1/5
1/9 - 1/13
1/21 - 2/3
2/11 - 2/17
2/25 - 3/3
5/27 - 6/2
8/19 - 9/29

(I booked Pop, arriving 9/29/11; departing 10/9/11 and upgraded to Standard Dining)

Quick Service Dining plan 2010 - DM4. 2011 - UN3
Dining Plan 2010 LM5. 2011 - BN6

There were SOOOO many workers doing the rooms. There was at least one person in every room.

150.jpg

149.jpg

148.jpg

147.jpg

146.jpg

145.jpg

144.jpg

143.jpg

142.jpg

141.jpg

140.jpg

138.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm home now.... :sad1:

I brought the BounceBack paperwork home with me because I had a feeling someone would ask. Here is what the offer says....

Free Quick Service Dining Plan when you buy this 4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Disney Value Resorts.

Arrival Dates: 1/2/11-1/5/11; 1/9/11-1/13/11; 1/21/11-2/3/11, 2/11/11-2/16/11, 8/19/11-9/29/11. Offer code: UN3

Free Disney Dining Plan when you buy this 4-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Disney Moderate Resorts.

Arrival Dates: 1/2/11-1/5/11; 1/9/11-1/13/11; 1/21/11-2/3/11, 2/11/11-2/16/11, 8/19/11-9/29/11. Offer code: BN6

See calendar on back for other dates (yes, I will list them). Book through December 20, 2011. (They also give an extension and a phone number to call - yeah, those phone numbers don't work - I tried 5 times! I called the front desk, they transferred me).

ALL HIGHLIGHTED DATES ON BACK OF FLYER:

10/1- 10/7
10/22 - 10/28
11/12 - 11/18
11/27 - 12/2
12/10 - 12/21

1/1 - 1/5
1/9 - 1/13
1/21 - 2/3
2/11 - 2/17
2/25 - 3/3
5/27 - 6/2
8/19 - 9/29

(I booked Pop, arriving 9/29/11; departing 10/9/11 and upgraded to Standard Dining)

Quick Service Dining plan 2010 - DM4. 2011 - UN3
Dining Plan 2010 LM5. 2011 - BN6

Thanks for posting. The plan and dates are the same as what is offered on the Disney website.

Thanks for posting. The plan and dates are the same as what is offered on the Disney website.

I think that's what they meant when they said there was no more bounceback.

I'll be anxious to see if they offer anything different later in to the fall that would go past that 9/29 date.

TammiDZ,

Thanks so much for the updates and pics of the refurb! And thanks so much for posting the information for the bounceback offer!! I appreciate the time you took to do all of this! :goodvibes

Here is our brand, spanking new room from 2 weeks ago! We were in bld 4, 3rd floor overlooking the kiddie pool!!

disneyworldweekendTasha095.jpg

disneyworldweekendTasha094.jpg

disneyworldweekendTasha105.jpg

disneyworldweekendTasha302.jpg

disneyworldweekendTasha106.jpg

but are all the preferred rooms refurbed??? TIA

The 50's, 60's and 70's each have some preferred rooms. Preferred is determined by its proximity to the Hippy Dippy Pool and the buses/main building. So, in these buildings, some are preferred and some aren't. I do not believe there are any preferred rooms in the 80's or 90's. The refurbing is done in 70's, 80's and 90's and in some rooms in 50's and 60's. So asking for preferred will not assure you a refurbed room. In fact, its kinda hard to request a refurbed room since the folks at the front desk don't seem to be too aware of which rooms are refurbed and which ones aren't. :eek:

If you want a refurbed room, its probably safe to ask for 70's, 80's or 90's. However, you will have to look back and previous posts for details on what floors or 50's and 60's are done.

I was in 60's bld 4 on the 3rd floor 2 weeks ago and it was refurbed and a preferred room...they were working on 2nd floor when we were there and this week I think the 1st floor so that bld is almost complete.
The whole property is done now except for blds 1 and 2.
They work from the top floor done to the bottom....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter