Pop, Pop, Poppity-Pop! A November 2014 trip report

Have just finished reading your TR!! I've loved reading every installment!
Your girls are just adorable and I love Maddy's expressions and what looks like dancing in the photos and her reactions to getting all the birthday cupcakes and well wishes! I also loved Abi's let it go with the fountain, such a precious moment!
I would love to read about your Europe trip especially as some of the destinations are not too far from where I live!!
Can't wait to read your last installment!

I'm glad Abi got to meet White Rabbit after all!

Saying goodbye to the Magic Kingdom is always hard :(

I love that picture of Doug pushing the stroller and holding Abi's hand <3

Yes! I was so happy we were able to get back in line and have time to meet him.
It was SO hard.
I love that picture too. :)

Yay! Abi got to meet the white rabbit after all! Last day pixie dust!

Love the pic of the magic kingdom side walk at the train station

That last pic of the girls is so sweet!

I don't know why I hadn't really noticed that part of the sidewalk before. I just love it.

Awwww....so glad the girls got to meet the White Rabbit (he's on my list for a future visit as one of the characters we've never met). Such sadness taking those last pictures of the castle and the front of the MK.

It is so sad. We were ready to be home, but not ready to leave!

awwww... how sweet to meet the rabbit! I was almost in tears with your last walk up main street!! the picture with your husband and girls? ADORABLE!!!

Yet the picture in the front with the sidewalk in it? IS MY FAVORITE!!! What a great angel fantastic! Just AWESOME!! :love:

I am going to have to remember that for November!!!

Thanks! I know. I just look back and remember how sad it is to walk down that street knowing you won't be back on it for a long time! :(

Have just finished reading your TR!! I've loved reading every installment!
Your girls are just adorable and I love Maddy's expressions and what looks like dancing in the photos and her reactions to getting all the birthday cupcakes and well wishes! I also loved Abi's let it go with the fountain, such a precious moment!
I would love to read about your Europe trip especially as some of the destinations are not too far from where I live!!
Can't wait to read your last installment!

Thank you!
I am so excited about that trip. I will definitely find a way to share it on here.

*** Sorry I haven't been on for awhile! Spring break was in full swing last week so we stayed pretty busy and this week I started a new blog that has kept me busy. It is about my love of British things. It is called Scones and Crackers. I will be using it to review, talk about, and just enjoy anything British. If you like those things you can check it out here. I will be doing posts most Mondays through Fridays. ***

When we arrived back at Pop Century Doug took the girls to get our carry on luggage from where they were holding it for us.

I went into the gift shop to use up our last 4 snack credits. I used three of them for rice krispie treats and one for a Chip and Dale snack mix.

I also bought a box of coconut treats.

I traded two pins for the girls with some really sweet cast members while I was in there too since I had the girls lanyards and pins in my bag.

Then I went out to join them at the bus stop.

886.JPG

It seemed so surreal to be saying goodbye already (even though we had been there for quite a while!)

887.JPG

888.JPG

It wasn't long before the Magical Express bus pulled up and we were getting on

889.JPG

890.JPG

Abi sat with Doug and Maddy sat with me and soon fell asleep.

photo.JPG

photo%2B(2).JPG

Goodbye Pop!

891.JPG

892.JPG

When we got to the airport we made our way to our area.
We were all exhausted and at this point, since we knew we were headed home, ready to be there.

893.JPG

894.JPG

I bought some water and a smoothie to snack on while we waited for our flight to load.
Abi after a drink from the smoothie:

895.JPG

Soon we were on the plane and in the air.
Maddy worked in sticker workbooks.

896.JPG

Abi finished up her homework packet.

897.JPG

It was a really long flight and not a very fun one. I wasn't feeling well and my ankles got really swollen by the time we landed. It made me nervous at first but I think it was just related to walking around all day and then sitting still for so long along with my thyroid condition and not getting enough water.
My brother picked us up, we dropped him off at his house and we were on our way home where we promptly went to sleep!

I hate coming to the end of this trip report! But I will have at least one more post about souvenirs and final thoughts!

That is awesome that you are from England! Do you have any tips? We will only be in Canterbury for one night and plan on seeing as much as we can there and Dover and then heading north to York, the Lake District, and Cotswolds but then we will be in London for a few days as well.
Anything I should know about England in April?

Last day and tragical express.....:sad: Poor maddy looks so tired! I'm glad you made it back safely and had an awesomely magical trip! It was so fun to follow along!

It made me nervous at first but I think it was just related to walking around all day and then sitting still for so long along with my thyroid condition and not getting enough water.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that the ankle issue like that could be related to Thyroid issues, but it certainly explains a few things. Its part of why I dislike flying so much.

So sad to have to leave. That is always the part that stinks the most.

Waiting at the airport/the plan ride home is always the worst! The exhaustion always hits you. You may be tired all those other days, but the fact that you're in disney automatically perks you up! But when you have no parks to look forward to, it's definitely a drag :(

Can't wait to read your final post, though I'm sad this TR is coming to an end :(

:sad: :sad1: :sad: :sad1:

booo for the end. awesome for extra snack credits! Nothing like being able to bring home some delicious snacks!!!
You had a wonderful trip. :cloud9: I know the girls loved every minute. Thanks for writing such a amazing report and letting me follow along!!!
Excited to hear your final thought.

When is the next trip??? :mickeybar

I hate endings. :(

Glad you could use up the last of your snack credits and get the girls a couple of new pins.

I'm glad the flight went smoothly, even if it was long, and sorry about your ankles.

I look forward to your final thoughts.

Hey I really enjoyed your trip report! You did an amazing job, both with the trip report but also with your trip! A lot of planning went into it obviously, but I liked how you were so flexible too when things changed (like when your DH got sick). I get the impression that everybody had a truly outstanding time.
I also liked how you guys lucked out on your last day with Be Our Guest for lunch. That happened to us on our last trip and it made that last day still sad, but a little less painful. :earsboy:

Thank you for this trip report! I've been reading it during my lunch break at work for the past several days. I love all the details you included. It made me feel like I was there, and like I knew your family. I teared up a few times at special moments, and felt so bad for Doug when he was sick! I'm now sad that it's over. I still have over 250 days until my next trip and I'm missing Disney, so it made me very happy. :)

Really enjoyed your Trip Report! My husband and I will be staying at Pop in a few weeks so I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay!

Lissette

Hey everybody. It has been a crazy busy week and I am off to register little Maddy for Kindergarten in a few minutes! I can't believe that.
But I promise I will be back to reply to your comments, catch up on your reports, and get up my final thoughts at the start of next week!

Last day and tragical express.....:sad: Poor maddy looks so tired! I'm glad you made it back safely and had an awesomely magical trip! It was so fun to follow along!

She was exhausted. Well, I guess we all were. :) So glad you followed along.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that the ankle issue like that could be related to Thyroid issues, but it certainly explains a few things. Its part of why I dislike flying so much.

So sad to have to leave. That is always the part that stinks the most.

I wasn't sure either but Chicago Mo said hers were swollen because of her thyroid so I am assuming that is part of mine as well.

Waiting at the airport/the plan ride home is always the worst! The exhaustion always hits you. You may be tired all those other days, but the fact that you're in disney automatically perks you up! But when you have no parks to look forward to, it's definitely a drag :(

Can't wait to read your final post, though I'm sad this TR is coming to an end :(

That's so true! We were SO tired on that flight home.

:sad: :sad1: :sad: :sad1:

booo for the end. awesome for extra snack credits! Nothing like being able to bring home some delicious snacks!!!
You had a wonderful trip. :cloud9: I know the girls loved every minute. Thanks for writing such a amazing report and letting me follow along!!!
Excited to hear your final thought.

When is the next trip??? :mickeybar

It really was such a wonderful trip! Loved it so much! The girls still talk about it almost every day!
I wish we had another trip planned... but maybe in a year or two.

I hate endings. :(

Glad you could use up the last of your snack credits and get the girls a couple of new pins.

I'm glad the flight went smoothly, even if it was long, and sorry about your ankles.

I look forward to your final thoughts.

It is really nice to have those few extra credits to use on things to take along with us.

Hey I really enjoyed your trip report! You did an amazing job, both with the trip report but also with your trip! A lot of planning went into it obviously, but I liked how you were so flexible too when things changed (like when your DH got sick). I get the impression that everybody had a truly outstanding time.
I also liked how you guys lucked out on your last day with Be Our Guest for lunch. That happened to us on our last trip and it made that last day still sad, but a little less painful. :earsboy:

Thank you! I love planning, especially trips, so there definitely is a lot of planning that goes into it. But you do have to at some point realize things aren't going to go exactly as planned! :)
We really did have such a great time.
That lunch was such a nice, unexpected surprise. Glad you had that happen too!

Thank you for this trip report! I've been reading it during my lunch break at work for the past several days. I love all the details you included. It made me feel like I was there, and like I knew your family. I teared up a few times at special moments, and felt so bad for Doug when he was sick! I'm now sad that it's over. I still have over 250 days until my next trip and I'm missing Disney, so it made me very happy. :)

Thank you for reading!! And thank you for all the nice comments. It was such fun to re-live it with each post. It was a great trip. I miss it too!

Really enjoyed your Trip Report! My husband and I will be staying at Pop in a few weeks so I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay!

Lissette

Thank you! Have an awesome time! I hope you love it!

kids need a pause button on this growing up thing.. I don't like it.

Right!? Abi is almost as tall as me. They need to stay little for just a bit longer!

The actual trip is over.

But there are still a few things to document.

Our souvenirs!

We got quite a few things this trip.

Abi's favorite thing is her Duffy bear.

She also got the panda, the mermaid polly pockets, and a pencil.

Maddy got the little baby Winnie the Pooh and the panda.

899.JPG

Maddy also got this Little Mermaid music set and the Jake and the Neverland pirates set.

900.JPG

From my parents for her birthday she got the Cinderella tea set, the Winnie the pooh toys, a Hello kitty play set, and the Hello Kitty plush toy.

901.JPG

These are the stuffies that they picked out at Build A Dino.

902.JPG

These are my souvenirs.
I got a big Disney World puzzle for the whole family.
Then I picked out a Beauty and the Beast puzzle, some Disney sprinkles, a Mickey mouse head candy or ice cube mold, a plate and cup for Santa with Mickey and Minnie on it, and my two favorite things.
Those are my light up Lumiere and my Chip mug.
I love them so much!

903.JPG

As usual, we got our new Christmas ornaments.

904.JPG

Maddy picked out the Winnie the Pooh and Piglet.
Abi got a Tinkerbell.

905.JPG

I picked out the Mickey and Minnie for the family ornament but then had to get the Beauty and the Beast one too.

907.JPG

And these are all the pins we came home with...

908.JPG

The girls' favorite ones:

909.JPG

910.JPG

And the one Doug picked out.

911.JPG

We also brought home some signed birthday cards for Maddy, her birthday pin, and bookmarks from Enchanted Tales with Belle.

912.JPG

These are the things we got at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Bags, sashes, make-up, face stickers, tiaras, Mickey pins, and nail polish.

913.JPG

Our lei's from the Polynesian, wands from Cinderella's Royal Table, wishing stars, Olaf snowflakes, and the souvenir popcorn buckets (which we use ALL the time- not just at the holidays).

914.JPG

And we got a bunch of these pictures from restaurants.
From Akershus:

915.JPG

Cinderella's Royal Table:

917.JPG

919.JPG

The souvenir Epcot passports we got for each girl.

921.JPG

I could not find all of the pressed pennies we had done but here was one of them.

923.JPG

Our three pearl carriage necklaces.

924.JPG

And Doug's souvenir.
He ordered this from the UK shop and it was delivered a few months later.
It is amazing.

IMG_0734.JPG

We definitely came home with lots of stuff!
It is so much fun to look at our things and remember our trip.

So that's it. I was going to do a post about our favorite things but then I remembered that I posted those on the first post. So you can go back and re read those if you want.
As for another trip.
There are no plans at this moment.
We were thinking of a couple of days at Disneyland in the fall but I think with my Europe trip coming up that we won't be able to do any other big family trips until after that.
So right now we are hoping that we can maybe make a trip work in the fall of 2016 or 2017 at the latest.
As soon as we know I will let you all know!!

Thanks for following along!!

So sad that this TR has come to an end! Love all the pics of your souvenirs. Thank you so much for sharing your trip, I really enjoyed reading along! I hope you get back to Disney sooner rather than later :)

Awesome souvenirs! The necklaces are so cute and I would've gone nuts if that Little Mermaid music set had been around when I was a kid.

We are planning a tentative fall Disneyland trip as well (the resort prices - OMG). We've never been!

Loved the TR and hope all your future Disney trip dreams come true!

Edited for weird autocorrect...

WOW! You sure did come home with a lot of stuff. But it's so fun looking at it all as you said and remembering your trip. Thanks for sharing...I enjoyed hearing all about it.

Oh...and I love Lumiere. My son bought it for me for my birthday last year. :)

Last edited:
Oh i hate this last stuff.. I am going to miss hanging out with you and your family.. BOOO.

OHHH you did get lots of GREAT stuff!

light up Lumiere

I HAVE THIS TOO!!! isn't he wonderful?!?! I would love to get a clocksworth if they ever sell him.

all the pins we came home with...

What a great pin trade!!! I love them all! especially the duffy ones..

There are no plans at this moment.

:sad:

my Europe trip coming up

Ohh! this IS something to look forward to! i hope you write a report on this!?

fall of 2016 or 2017 at the latest.

well that isn't too far off! :hyper:

Thanks for following along!!

Thank you for writing such a great report! :thumbsup2
I had a lot of fun reading along your family's awesome trip!!!! you do have a beautiful family!!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter