• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP people..which building do you prefer?

Jakesmom504

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked a million times so I'm sorry but I'm getting ready to book and need opinions on which building to request. The last time we stayed at POP, I don't remember which building it was, but we were fairly close to the bus stop which was nice but our room was right next to the linen closet/room thing so every morning at like 5 or 6 am we were awakened by a bunch of those huge mousekeeping carts going by our room! We had an adjoining room with my parents on the first floor. Other than that and the little kid above us who sounded like his/her mother was killing him :scared1:, we were pretty happy there! We don't care if we have to walk further, DS is 7 now so much less to lug around to the parks. I think we would prefer quietness to a short walk...well you know as much quietness as you can get in at a Disney resort with a bunch of hyped up parents...oh I mean kids! :laughing: :tiptoe: Thanks! :wave:

We've always stayed in the 60's building on the third floor, not the part closest to the pools, the part that sticks out. Did that make sense? If we were to walk around the corner from our room we would face the pool. I love this section. Its quiet, I can walk out our door and look around. We are close enough to the food court and the last time we were closer to the 70's building so it was a quick walk to the bus stop. Enjoy your vacation!

We like staying in building 4 or 5 the ones on either side of the Hippy Dippy Pool. Last time we went we had a ground floor room right outside the pool. I thought it would be noisy but it really wasn't. It was nice to just walk out the door and be right at the pool for us. We are heading back in September and have requested the same area again.:yay:

We have stayed at POP 3 times and really enjoy this resort. Our room areas we have had listed worst to best:

90's Computer/Cell Phone Building-we did not care for this area at all, it just seemed way too far out for us, we were relying on WDW transport on this trip and this area just did not work for us.

60's Baloo and Mowgli Building-this spot was nice, we were close to the Hippy Dippy Pool and could see the main building from our room walk-out.

50's Lady Building-this was the best! We loved this spot. We had a 1st floor room facing the Bowling Pin Pool. We drove on this trip and the room was very conveinent to parking and the food court.

Have fun!! :earsboy:

We have been to Pop 3 times in August and were placed exactly where we asked to be each trip. I doubt that happens for every guest, every time, but I was impressed that Pop accommodated my requests each time we stayed there.

I always ask for the 4th floor and lakeside, and got them each time. These are the buildings we stayed in:

Building 4 (60s) -- Hands-down, this was my favorite location. The lakeview is beautiful, it was convenient to the bus stop and food court, plus we could see fireworks--Wishes and Illuminations.

Building 2 (50s) -- Least favorite because it was a hike to the food court/bus stop. Good view of Illuminations, though.

Building 6 (70s) -- Convenient enough, but no fireworks.

Have stayed at POP twice, both times we stayed at teh 90's building and loved it. Now rent a car, so there is plenty of parking here. We also love the Computer pool and even though it is further away from main building we find it to be fairly quiet here....Have a great trip...

Wow its amazing, i have yet to find the computer pool. :lmao: Anyway, we stayed in the 70's building and LOVED IT!!!! Originally I asked for 50's, facing the lake. I could not believe how far it was! :rotfl: So i marched back to front desk and asked for 70's, and was so happy i got it. Its the best location. Close to the main building/pool. Nice and quiet too believe it or not. Close to the buses too, all you do is cut across the parking lot. 50's is further from the buses, thats why i prefer 70's. Will be asking for the same section for this trip too. I wanted to try 50's or 60's, but cant do it. I love 70's too much. :laughing:

This is fantastic...thank you so much for all of your input!! :yay:
I found a map of POP and figured out that we stayed in the 70's building the last time. I think it was just the location of the room that made it so bad. The location of the building was great once we figured out that we could take a major short cut to the buses! We had been walking all the way around to and through the food court for the first 2 days. :rotfl2: Duh! :laughing:

Ok so one more question please...is it considered a preferred room if I request top floor with view of lake? We are on a tight budget but this is my graduation celebration trip so it would be nice to at least have a nice view since I'm not staying at Poly like I wanted to originally....:lmao: yeah right! I need to get a job first!

Ok so one more question please...is it considered a preferred room if I request top floor with view of lake?
No. See the Pop Century thread in the WDW resorts sticky for a designation of what's considered Preferred.

For us it depends on the time of year. During the summer when we want to use the pool, I want first floor as close to Hippy Dippy as I can get. I want to open the door and fall into the pool.:rotfl: During the winter, as long as it is first floor preferred, it doesn't matter. Apparently, I'm not susceptible to noise because I never seem to be bothered or even hear it! I enjoy being in the middle of everything. If I want quiet and privacy, I don't go to WDW. I always make reservations for preferred because the old knees aren't what they used to be and any saved steps is a plus.

In March we were in Building 6 (70s) facing the lake, on the third floor. It was very peaceful and quiet, but each day we were there seemed to be about a mile further from Classic Hall :lmao:

Honestly, I liked our location, I just hated the long trek on my poor tired blistered feet every night...but if we stay there again, I would LOVE the same building.

We stayed in the 70's building, in the back facing the lake. It was beautiful and quiet! And we found a shortcut to the bus stop so it wasn't even that bad of a walk!

Each time we have stayed at POP it has been in the 50s building. The last two times even in the same room! (Thanks to our great agent) 3rd floor-facing the lake. I think it was 3434.

We've stayed in building 8, 3rd floor on the backside of the building, in the 90's section. I don't think we could have been further away from the main building and buses. It worked out OK because it was just two adults, but I wouldn't want to be in that location again, especially with kids.

The next time we stayed there we were in the 50's, in building 3 on the 3rd floor facing the Bowling Pin pool. We liked it there as we always spent time by the pool every day so that was very convenient.

The last time we stayed in a preferred room in building 10, in the 70's section facing the big Foosball Table. We were on the first floor. To date, this was my favorite location and we have requested it again for our upcoming trip. While just hanging around in the room I did notice this location was noisier than the others because there were more people walking right by our door. However, it never kept my from sleeping both in the afternoon and at night. I don't think much could keep me from sleeping after a day in the parks!

It was a very short walk to the food court, Hippy Dippy pool, Petals Pool Bar and the buses. I also liked not having to walk up the stairs after doing so much walking in the parks.

The past two trips we stayed in the 80s section on the ground level, almost in the exact same room! It's great because it has it's own little computer pool right outside and the parking lot was just behind the building we had. It was the building with Roger Rabbit, not sure which one that is.

The only thing that I have to complain about is that it was a little far from the food court. After getting back from an exhausting day at the parks really wanting some tea I had to walk quite awhile to get it. During the day it doesn't seem very far, but when you're feet are killing you, it's quite a walk! It might have been a bit noisy since we were right beside the pool, but I didn't notice.

We stayed in the 70's building on the 3rd floor in rooms 0306 and 0307 overlooking the courtyard. The rooms and service were very adequate to our needs and being halfway between both the main building pool and the 80's pool was very nice. The parking though is a longer walk to and from the parking lot than the 80's and 90's.
We had free quick service dining and found the food at our resort and Epcot to be very good. Although, the food at the quick service Hacienda made us sick. Gave the wife a bad stomach ache and I had issues as well.
We liked the idea of eating without reservations, but we have decided on our next trip we shall be doing the dining plan.
2 quick service meals a day is to much fast food in my opinion.
We miss the individual service we receive from table service. The QS seems to much like cattle at feeding time, and the CM's are too busy to answer questions after you order. Also, to many burgers, rotisserie chicken, and ribs.
I want a little more diversity in my meals as I can cook this stuff at home.
I knew what to expect with QS, but I got tired of the meals quick.
Not sure if the assembly line food production is what gave us such awful belly aches or the quality control. Maybe a little of both.
We enjoyed POP, we liked the hussle and bussle of the resort, it was fun.
70's, 80's, 90,s and 60's were well located.
If we stay at POP again, we are getting rooms on the bottom floor next to the main building pool as close to the main building as possible.
Walking back and forth to our room to fill drink mugs did not work.
I bought a coffee maker and left it in our fridge with the fridge swap. Made coffee in the room and brought our own drinks.
We liked the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

I like the 50's, it has a pool, and it's away from the center, but still just a short walk away. Especially if you're at the end of the Lady building.

I love the 50's area. We've stayed there twice and just loved it. If you stay at the end of the lady building, you're close to the pool and not far from the Hippy Dippy pool or dining. Great location imo.

Anything with a Hippie dippie pool view. We were in a room next to the Jungle Book charactors (60's?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter