Pop or POR?

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
I just can't decide. We've never stayed at either one. The price difference is only $130 or so because we're only staying for four nights. POR looks gorgeous and Pop looks so colorful and fun! I wasn't all that impressed with AsSports before, but we only stayed there one night prior to checking in to AKL. Pop just looks kind of spring-breaky to me.

Any opinions? I love these kinds of problems! :earboy2:

I've stayed at both and personally prefer Pop. It's all in what important to you. Do you want a more typical hotel feeling, with amenities and beautiful landscaping? If so, you want POR. If you want to be surrounded by Disney for your entire stay (which is the group I fit into) then POP is for you. We found both to be equal in just about every other aspect - distance from room to lobby area and bus stops, bus service, food (although POR does have a sitdown restaurant), cleanliness and service, etc.

I also love PC - but I also love POR - tough decision.

POR has a slide and a whirlpool tub in the main pool area - PC does not.

but I just love the design of PC.....

I've stayed at both resorts and they're both wonderful in their own ways....its all depending on what you want to do and see....visit both when you're there no matter which one you stay at! Have fun! :tilt:

We stayed at POR years ago. Thought it was beautiful, but very spread out. Could not believe all the quiet pools they had, plus can use the awesome pool at POFQ as well. Speaking of which, POFQ is one we have stayed at many times and is one of our favorites. Absolutely LOVE the boat ride to DTD, which is shared by POR and POFQ. We stayed at POP this past October and were impressed. We had poolside in the 50's. If you're not going to be spending a lot of time at your hotel or going to DTD, I'd choose POP. If you want a more relaxed environment with gorgeous landscaping, choose POR. Oh, and when at POP my DH really missed his nightly soak in the hottub, which none of the values have.

I'd stay at POR and visit POP for lunch at the food court and a stroll through for picture taking....That's what we will do when we return to POR (our favorite)

We have stayed at POP POR and POFQ. I loved POFQ but my children REALLY missed POP (7 and 5). Until they are older I think we will stick to POP....unless I can get the $$$ to go to beach club.

Anne

Theses are the only 2 resorts i have stayed at and we much preferred Pop to Por. I found the food court and playfulness of Pop more fun and Por IMHO was just not worth the extra$$. I also had a toddler so I found Pop was better for kids of that age. Either way you'll be at Disney and having a good time!! :cloud9: HTH, Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter