• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP or POR for Bus Travel

castlefor2

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if there is a difference in commuting time between these locations. We typically go home after lunch for naps/quiet time and then head to a resort or park for dinner. Is commuting from POP easier or faster than POR? We stayed at POR last year and loved it, but found it challenging to make our dining reservations. We are thinking of staying at POP this year to same some money and hoping that the commute would be better.

The nice thing about the transportation from POP is that there is only one stop for the entire resort so it is Non-Stop door to door service so to speak.

You have to leave just as much time for transportation from either resort to another resort or a park. DTD transportation is easier from POR. WDW transportation really does take time. I'd suggest always allowing an hour to get to parks and 1.5 hours to get to another resort unless you're on the monorail and you're going somewhere on the monorail or you're at an Epcot area resort and going to somewhere on that lake. That's just how WDW transportation is. You may get there faster (probably will most times) but you want to allow that much time because there can be delays.

I prefer the transportation at Pop over POR because of the 1 bus stop. If you want a moderate with a POR type feel then how about POFQ? There's only the one bus stop there and when it does share with POR, POFQ is always picked up first. You can go use the ammenities at POR any time you want because they're sister resorts. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter