POP or CBR?

• POP

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • CBR

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
I know this is a little apples to oranges but I guess my real question is whether or not it would be worth an extra $400 to go with CBR over POP?

We have stayed at AKL, SSR and POFQ and enjoyed them all and I don't think we are very picky but we don't really know what to expect from a value. I want to try POP but I'm worried about being disappointed. CBR I have never really felt one way or the other but it's available on our dates. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

We will have a car and it's two adults and one ten year old boy.

CBR has 2 queen sized beds in the rooms, a double vanity sink, and a quiet pool at each resort, in addition to a great themed main pool at OPR.

POP all the way. Would never pay to stay at moderate or deluxe. I go to DISNEY for the parks. Hotel is just a place to lay my head.

POP is a great value resort. It has AoA across the bridge, beautiful lake views from many standard rooms, a reasonable food court and good bus service. Walking distance from rooms to the food court/buses is reasonable. That said, like all values, it has 2 full beds, one sink, small room, food court dining only, and buses to all theme parks. The pool is basic, and no slide/hot tub.
If you do stay at POP be sure to visit AoA across the bridge for great photo ops!

CBR is a beautiful resort. It is a moderate, so you will get a similar experience to POFQ. There are a few differences between POFQ and CBR, however. First the positives: CBR has larger rooms that are recently refurbished. CBR has a TS restaurant as well as the food court. CBR has a much nicer themed pool area, as well as multiple 'quiet pools' throughout the resort. IMO, CBR has much nicer landscaping.The tropical island theme is very relaxing. On the down side, CBR is much larger than POFQ so your room can be quite a hike to the main pool/ dining. Also, there are many (7) bus stops, which bothers some people. It is a big change from the one stop at POFQ! You will have a car, though, so that shouldn't bother you too much.

If it were me, I would stay at CBR if it were in my budget. If it makes it a strain to do what you want on this trip, then I would quite happily stay at POP again.

Both are great resorts! You will have a wonderful time at either!

ETA: Yes, I think that CBR is worth paying the extra $$$!

ETA: Yes, I think that CBR is worth paying the extra $$$!

Thank you this is the exact kind of review I needed! I think I will go with CBR... Down the line I would like to try POP but I think CBR is a good choice for us this trip

Booked a townhouse for our trip in a little over a week. Saw the summer discount and decided to spend a little more to stay on property so cancelled the townhouse and booked at POP. Realized last week that they only have full size beds so bit the bullet and upgraded to CBR.

We've stayed at POFQ twice and love it, but I'm looking forward to staying in a new place.

Thank you this is the exact kind of review I needed! I think I will go with CBR... Down the line I would like to try POP but I think CBR is a good choice for us this trip

We have stayed at both, and for us, it isn't worth the extra money.

We have stayed at both. I would pay the extra and stay at CBR. The rooms are bigger and have queen beds. There is more than one restaurant. We found CBR to much much less crowded and less noisy than Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter