Pop or a Moderate?

pooh5594

Mouseketeer
Hey!
Here's the situation, and I sure do need some help here.
We are heading down to WDW Jan.20-23 for a quick fix. "We" include myself, my husband and our daughter with Down Syndrome. Our plan is for one day in the park(M.K.) and then spending time at the resort. We had been looking at POFQ but then I looked at the rates for Pop Century and it's pretty hard to pass up. We could spend another day at a park with what we save on the resort.
Only 214.00 for all three days with our AAA discount. A moderate will cost 371.00. I know that it's not all that much, however,what would ya'll sugest. At this point it's a hard sell to my husband but I think it's worth the savings especially for such a short trip.
Thanks for the help.

hey I happen to love the Pop!!!

I think once your husband tries he might like it.

this resort is packed with memories for us old folks (50 -90's)

now the arcade here is excellent - but might be noisy and excitable for your child - try it - but be prepared to leave.

the food court is excellent (my opinion), and well managed. So the place is always pretty clean. (okay after breakfast when they have feed the whole resort - sometimes they are slower cleaning up than later in the day)

food is okay. I liked it!!! loved the frozen cokes in the refillable mugs!!!

here are some pictures
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=537

Thank you for the reply!
I really want to stay here but it's slow going for my husband.The pictures are great and I've showed them to my daughter and she loves it. So now I'll show this to him and keep my fingers crossed. :earsgirl:

If it would allow you another day in a park, then I would go for Pop! Pop is cute and fun and your daughter may even like it. I think it's worth a go at least once! :flower:

Definitely go for Pop if it means an extra parks day. You'll enjoy it anyway. Pop's a great place.

Normally I would advise a moderate over a value but in this case the difference is another park day. I would opt for the value to have another park day.

We just got back from our first trip to Pop earlier this month and loved it. I was hesitant to at first, but Disney had sent out an email with $59 room rate and I could not pass that up. We were so surprised, our room was nice as well as the staff. Check in was one of the easiest ever. Bartender's were great after a long day in the park and the food court was a lot better than I expected. We don't really spend a lot of time in the room besides sleeping and for the money we saved (well reallocated to other stuff-- I sure did still spend it), I have no complaints. I thought disney transportation from here was fine as well, a little longer than some of the other resorts I have stayed at but still beats the heck out of driving and parking in my book. I would give it a try. Hope you have a great trip. Rachel

Thank you so much for all your replies.
Do ya'll think that I should rent a car or just tough it out?

you don't need a car for Pop.

It has pretty good bus transportation - all the values have a good transportation system.

It is only bus.

Pop has more people in wheelchair and scooters than the other resort.

It is good value. It is also mostly flat. So it is great for wheelchairs and scooters. this places the buses appear to be later.

just have some patience.

I love the lake here!!!

Thank you all!!!!
I just booked this and feel very good about the whole thing. I haven't read hardly anything negative at all even on trip advisor!
Again thanks alot and I'm really looking forward to our visit!
P.S.
I asked for the 50's building.Is that a good spot? Yes, I know that it is not guarenteed :)

We just got back from our 3rd stay at Pop and as always everything was great. The 70's and 80's are closer to the bus stop. (that was our priority with kids since we usually don't eat in the cafeteria at Pop we eat in the parks). Enjoy your trip!!

The 70's are great at POP. The only thing missing is the hot tub. I would stay at POP if it means another day at the parks

The 70's are great at POP. The only thing missing is the hot tub. I would stay at POP if it means another day at the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter