Pop is booked for our dates in July! Which Mod would you choose and why?

NewCrew42

One Day I'll be a Galactic Hero!
We LOVE POP! We have decided to go in July and I went on-line today to book and it is sold out. No other Values are available.

We LOVE the buses and the music and the food court.

So, CB, POFQ, & PORS are available. Knowing how much we like Pop! which resort would you choose and why?

It will be me and my 15yoDS and 12 yo DD.

Thanks!!!

Perhaps another way to phrase this would be, if you LOVE Pop, which moderate do like and why?

Thanks!

Let me start by saying that we have never stayed at a mod. We have however, visited CBR and PORS and POFQ.

I would prefer CBR. I just liked the overall beachy, Carribean feel to the resort. It seemed a little more lively to me.

That's just my opinion but if you like POP I think you would love CBR!

I've stayed at both Pop and CBR and will be at CSR in a couple of weeks for my first stay.

We really love CBR, have been there before and after the renovation.

The resort is pretty, actually quiet at the rooms, great pool w//two hot tubs. Each section has its own quiet pool too, so there will be a pool right near your room. Watersports available, game room, nice gift shop, though a bit smaller than the one at Pop. A definite upgrade on the food court at CBR vs Pop and plenty of seating. New pool has two slides and your teens will probably like them, esp the newer one as it is taller and faster than the old slide.

There is music playing at the Old Port Royale area, hair braiding and other activities near the pool. There are hammocks for you and beach volleyball for the teens, plenty of options there.

There are multiple bus stops in the resort, so never a far walk for a bus. Also the stops are covered and have seating, much less hectic than the hot rope lines possible at Pop; in July you'll appreciate this. We've always had prompt service with the dedicated CBR buses.

We've only stayed at the CSR which is not on your list. We have, however, visited the other three a number of times each and would pick in this order if the CSR were not available: POR-Riverside, POFQ and then CBR, especially for the ages of your kids.

We have stayed at POR & CBR, although it was before the renovation. We liked the POR the best. It seemed like CBR was so big that we sometimes got lost going to the food court. We liked both resorts. We liked the grounds of the POR.

We stayed at CBR in one of the pirates rooms last Oct. It was a blast. If you have the extra money I would definately recommend it. We also love Pop and am going back there for New Years eve this year.

My husband and I just got back from POFQ, while we have not stayed at POP yet we have stayed at the other value resorts. It was a very pretty resort and everything was so close. It was only a couple of minute walk from our building 6 to the food court, pool, hot tub, bus stop etc. You really can't go wrong with it, we did walk over to Riverside and it is a much bigger resort, most of the rooms seem to have a pretty good walk to any of the resort aneminiteis. POFQ only has one bus stop and Riverside had I believe 4 of them.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pop and even more, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE POFQ!!!

We love the closeness of the entire resort. As PP mentioned, everything (even the farthest building) is less than a 5-7 minute walk to the main building. My kids love the pool and we just love that it is so quiet and peaceful there!

We had a reservation at POR a few years back and ended up switching to POFQ last minute because we didn't want the huge resort. POFQ has it's own bus. We have stayed there 3 times and can't remember but once or twice where the bus we were on went over to POR too.

Let us know what you decide!!!

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pop and even more, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE POFQ!!!

We love the closeness of the entire resort. As PP mentioned, everything (even the farthest building) is less than a 5-7 minute walk to the main building. My kids love the pool and we just love that it is so quiet and peaceful there!

We had a reservation at POR a few years back and ended up switching to POFQ last minute because we didn't want the huge resort. POFQ has it's own bus. We have stayed there 3 times and can't remember but once or twice where the bus we were on went over to POR too.

Let us know what you decide!!!

This is making me lean toward FQ. Pop always has seemed smallish to me and we have been in easy walking distance of everything. It also sounds like the bus service is awesome.

Last night I was leaning toward CBR.

:confused:

Or maybe Bay Lake. :laughing:

What are your dates? Value season starts in the deluxe resorts 7/18 while not til Aug at the values & moderates. So you want to check out some deluxe rates.

If I had to choose a moderate I would pick POFQ but I've only ever been there & POR.

July 13 thru 21. I had noticed that rates @ deluxe dropped toward the end of our trip but didn't know why. Thanx!

Depends on what feel you are looking for. We stayed at CBR and loved that. We stayed at POR last November and fell in love with that more. very quiet, quaint, romantic. the grounds were stunning, the kids loved the pool. I know there is some negatives floating around (ie buses, alot of walking etc.) we only had 1 bus issue, and we were right across the river from Ole` Man Island, and the main hub. The only reason we would stay at another mod. is for the Pirate theme at CBR. My son loves Pirates!!!! Hope this helps...:thumbsup2

We do like POP, just back from stay May12-16. We have also stayed at each of the Mods, preference in order- POR, CBR, POFQ, CSR. I think POR grounds are really special, the River and wooded areas just make it feel cooler and the marina and pool are really nice. We do enjoy the boatride to DTD, really comes in handy during busy times when parking lots fill up. POFQ just seems like a bunch of buildings, same rooms but it just doesn't do it for us. CBR has great pool, as does CSR, but CSR always seems crowded even when it is not (???).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter