• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Food court help for a southerner...haha

Sweet and unsweet if I remember correctly. You'll find that at all the Disney restaurants. Just don't try to ask for a sweet tea in MN like I did once. They looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. :goodvibes

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your terms. What is sweet tea? Is it hot or cold?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your terms. What is sweet tea? Is it hot or cold?

Wow, you must be from MN! :rotfl2: So is most of my family though so not knocking it.

Sweet tea is iced tea with the sweetener already in it. And, it is SWEET. If it is done right, as my southern husband would say it has about a cup of sugar in it. :)

Unsweet iced tea doesn't have any sweetener in it so you would add sugar or splenda to it. Unsweet is the only way I've seen it served in the Midwest.

Unless you are from IL- We have the best sweet tea at McCallisters and McDonalds!

I thought Southerners only drank sweet tea. ;)

Being from New England I had no idea what it was when I went to Atlanta on business. They had a good laugh at that. Now I know.

Being from New England I had no idea what it was when I went to Atlanta on business. They had a good laugh at that. Now I know.

Nope..........not all Southerner's drink sweet tea...........I can attest to that!! I've lived in Florida for 53+ years and absolutely cannot drink sweet tea. Not much of a soda drinker either!

I've been able to find unsweet tea at most of the food courts and most of the restaurants all over WDW. I don't like the unsweet tea that comes from the fountain machines though.........like the stand alone pots better....:rolleyes2

Many people think that we all drink sweet tea in the south, but I'm from central La. and we drink unsweetened tea at my house. Although I've visited friends in Alabama and they will give you the crazy look if you ask for unsweetened!!

I never liked to drink tea growing up in TN but we did because it was cheaper that sodas (every soda is a Coke here...) However, we never had truly sweet tea because it was made with Sweet n Low. My DH makes great sweet tea I call it diabetic coma sweet tea!) as do most places around here. PP is correct about McDonald's and McAlister's! My 3-year-old daughter will not drink a carbonated beverage or juice. It has to be water, milk, or sweet tea!

I'm glad to know they have sweet tea at WDW. We'll be there June 2010 and I expect that is what DD will want to drink!

FL is on the border of being one of those places that serves sweet tea period in any part of FL. FL is also not considered to be intwined with "Southern tradiitons" In N. FL near the GA border and just a bit South of I-10, sweet tea is a familar thing, howver anywhere South of that, sweet tea is unheard of......my family lives in St. Pete and we all went out to dinner together when we visited (for the first time in looooong while last January). My cousin had to warn us before we ordered that the restraunt we were at did not serve sweet tea (and then told us others that did). He said it's still relatively new to them......having gobe down to FL for family visits for 20+ years, I can attest to that.

Nope..........not all Southerner's drink sweet tea...........I can attest to that!! I've lived in Florida for 53+ years and absolutely cannot drink sweet tea. Not much of a soda drinker either!

You can't find a glass of sweet tea anywhere on Disney property. My DD6 was crushed. We had to use the coffee maker in the room to make a batch. One night at dinner the waitress asked her what she wanted for drink, a hopeful voice piped up; "Sweet tea?" The waitress said she could bring unsweetened tea to which she could add sugar. My daughter only four at the time, looked up at her and said; "It's just not the same." Smart kid

Pop does have unsweetened tea. It's not in the fountain drink machine. There is a dispenser that stands alone and I think it's labeled "not instant" and it is Nestea. There are also tea bags if you want to make your own. Just use the hot water from the coffee dispenser. My daughter and I drink the tea often, and I sometimes make my own with the tea bags. They also have a bowl of lemon slices for you to use.

Wow, you must be from MN! :rotfl2: So is most of my family though so not knocking it.

Sweet tea is iced tea with the sweetener already in it. And, it is SWEET. If it is done right, as my southern husband would say it has about a cup of sugar in it. :)

Unsweet iced tea doesn't have any sweetener in it so you would add sugar or splenda to it. Unsweet is the only way I've seen it served in the Midwest.

And of course, that would be per glass!!!!:thumbsup2 LOVE sweet tea...my grandmother was from Mississippi made the best Sweet Tea.

As another poster said, none to be found at WDW...must sweeten your own. :(

And when I was growing up, my dad drank ONLY sweet tea - and the furthest south he ever lived was St. Louis, MO! I swear, my mom was the only person in New England in the 60s and 70s making sweet tea.

You cannot just add sugar to iced tea to make sweet tea. The sugar must be added (one - two cups per gallon) while the tea is at the highest temp. When the tea is hot, it dissolves more sugar into the tea itself. And we wonder why diabetes is so common down south.

Beware of the soda fountain "sweetened" iced tea.
That is down right icky if you are hoping for southern style sweet tea.

BTW-I live in Western New York and make my own sweet tea during the warm months. No one else here will drink it. "Too sweet."
HaHa - all the more for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter