POP completely booked end of Sept!

TenThousandVolts

<font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t
I have just tried to see if they have any standard rooms avail Sept. 29-Sept 30, and then again Sept. 30 - Oct. 1st and there is NOTHING! OMG and this is supposed to be the slow season. Rooms are avail on Oct. 1st though.

I am freaking out- we are staying there at this time, I have never stayed in a fully booked Disney resort before- not even in the summer. I hope Disney is on the ball with busses...

POP is booked up but not for the reasons you think. See this past week All Star Movies announced a big refurbish of the Fantasia pool, closing it down from Sept. til Dec.
Many DISers were not happy about this, those who had booked at All Star Movies (my family to be included!) So a large group of us have jumped to new resorts, mainly POP and All Stars Music. So now there is A LOT of available rooms (especially preferred rooms) at All Stars Movies.

Same amount of people, just shifted into your hotel and ASMu. Only a few upgraded.

So while there may be more people at the busses at your hotel when we get to ASMo there maybe some blowing tumble weeds...and a few people who decided to tough it out.

So relax, enjoy your trip, sounds like you are going the same time we are!

We're trying to squeez in a small B-day trip for DD late Oct .But I was looking at maybe late Sept early Oct .Looking for an AP rate ( cash no more points this year not borrowing to deep) and all it kept bringing up was either ASSp for the Values or CBR for the Mods. No it was a good deal I just have to wait for the school calender to come out.

I guess with the F & W and all the Free dining it's going to be packed.

schlepsnort said:
POP is booked up but not for the reasons you think. See this past week All Star Movies announced a big refurbish of the Fantasia pool, closing it down from Sept. til Dec.
Many DISers were not happy about this, those who had booked at All Star Movies (my family to be included!) So a large group of us have jumped to new resorts, mainly POP and All Stars Music. So now there is A LOT of available rooms (especially preferred rooms) at All Stars Movies.

Same amount of people, just shifted into your hotel and ASMu. Only a few upgraded.

So while there may be more people at the busses at your hotel when we get to ASMo there maybe some blowing tumble weeds...and a few people who decided to tough it out.

So relax, enjoy your trip, sounds like you are going the same time we are!

Oh- I know- I just bailed out of ASMO yesterday to POP- guess I did it in the nick of time- as it is booked up now. I think you may be the wiser traveller sticking it out at ASMO- it is my favorite resort. And now I am thinking I may have made a mistake- with no vacancy at POP, ugh. ANyway- you will have a ball- the Mighty Ducks pool is not a small pool and it is maximum a 2 minute walk from any building at ASMO.

Ah! Is that what's going on? I been trying to get POP for that September 29-October 1st span, and nothing. No AP discount, even worse no rooms period! I could get All-Star Music or Sports, and like previously said, All-Star Movies in a preferred. So I picked Music, since I usually swim at night, and usually the main pool isn't too packed then. Even with overflow from Movies using the pool, which I assume they will, I hope the Music pools will be OK late. :)

If Movies won't be too crowded, maybe I head over there to eat at the food court - maybe smaller lines there! :)

there are a ton of us DISsers there at that time! over 100! check out my siggie! one of them is a link to my POP thread!!!

TenThousandVolts said:
I have just tried to see if they have any standard rooms avail Sept. 29-Sept 30, and then again Sept. 30 - Oct. 1st and there is NOTHING! OMG and this is supposed to be the slow season. Rooms are avail on Oct. 1st though.

I am freaking out- we are staying there at this time, I have never stayed in a fully booked Disney resort before- not even in the summer. I hope Disney is on the ball with busses...

Boy, you scared me there for a minute. We will be there from the Sept 24-30. I just checked online and they are only booked up over the weekend. There is still availability during the week from Sept 25-29 and then again from Oct 2-6. I hope it isn't fully booked. I have been looking forward to this trip and to the fact that it isn't that crowded. I'm keep my fingers crossed and hoping that it isn't that busy.

I have many clients checking in September 30 to get free dining and stay for Food and Wine as well as MNSSHP. Since payments for those packages aren't due for another 10 days or so, I expect you will be able to pick up cancelled rooms within the next 2 weeks.

Good Luck
Sandy

Did they say there were no rooms available at all? sometimes their may not be rooms available with a promo... example they release so many rooms for free dining, so many rooms for a specific discount..
Then I believe they leave some rooms at the regular rack rate.

justplaingoofy said:
Did they say there were no rooms available at all?
CRO said No rooms - at all. I didn't really beleive her- skeptic, that I am, so I went on Disneyworld.com. Sure enough- you can't book a room at all for the nights of Sept. 29 or Sept 30.

I am having anxiety because I planned this Grand Gathering for a bunch of people and I just hope it isn't crazy crowded at the resort- crowded food lines, busses, pools... I just feel so responsible as I have made all the decisions. I just hope everyone likes it- It is the 1st time for 7 of my neices and nephews!

Last year when we checked in on Sept 30, 2005. We were told Sept 30, 05 and Oct 1, 05 were sold out.

It didn't seem any more crowded than any other time we were there. The busses leaving Pop ran smooth. Of course, every time we got a bus back from MK to Pop was a long, drawn out, hugely crowded nightmare.

The food court wasn't any more crowded and neither was the pool.

disneysnowflake said:
Last year when we checked in on Sept 30, 2005. We were told Sept 30, 05 and Oct 1, 05 were sold out.

It didn't seem any more crowded than any other time we were there. The busses leaving Pop ran smooth. Of course, every time we got a bus back from MK to Pop was a long, drawn out, hugely crowded nightmare.

The food court wasn't any more crowded and neither was the pool.

Thanks for posting this- you have put my mind at ease. When you say the bus back from MK was a nightmare- do you mean- that if you leave at closing time when everyone else was leaving the park- or just in general? (asking because we usually don't make it to closing time)

TenThousandVolts said:
so I went on Disneyworld.com. Sure enough- you can't book a room at all for the nights of Sept. 29 or Sept 30.

Out of curiosity I too checked Disneyworld.com if you book from Sept 29 - Sept 30 nothing. If you book Sept 29-Oct 1 nothing. If you Book Sept 30-Oct 1 nothing. BUT...If you book Sept 30-Oct 2 They do have something. Go Figure. I just thought that was odd. I would keep checking because something might come up.

Im staying at ASMo from sep 24 to the oct 1 and I think we might just stick it out and stay there. I wanted to move to POP but I figured the crowd of people would swarm there. I hope our room isnt overlooking the rehabed pool...

PandaBear & Boo said:
Out of curiosity I too checked Disneyworld.com if you book from Sept 29 - Sept 30 nothing. If you book Sept 29-Oct 1 nothing. If you Book Sept 30-Oct 1 nothing. BUT...If you book Sept 30-Oct 2 They do have something. Go Figure. I just thought that was odd. I would keep checking because something might come up.
That is weird- but I guess we all know that completely booked never really means completely booked. They reserve out rooms for emergencies- screwed up ressies...
I wonder if they won't rent 1 night stays after they are booked to a certain capacity. You know lots of the hotels at the beach here on the east coast have a 3 night minimum during peak season. I wonder if Disney is doing the same thing- but just not saying it so bluntly.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter