pop century

cricket429

Mouseketeer
Okay, now that I know we are staying at Pop Century, I have a couple questions. We will be driving from NY. Is there parking right at the resort? Is it hard to get around Disney in our own car or is it better to use Dis transportation.

How is the food in the food court? What are recommended areas to stay at Pop if we get a choice?

Any other information helpful

Thanks again!

Yes, there is parking right at the resort. We brought our car but generally preferred to use Disney transportation--it's very relaxing to not have to drive in a strange place, especially at night.

We only ate breakfast (and late-night, after-park snacks) at the food court but we thought it was great. There's lots of food to choose from. The fruit bowl (2.99) serves two. The chocolate croissants were delectable. I liked the fact that my low-carbing carnivore husband and little ol' vegetarian me could both get food we liked!

Where you stay at the POP depends on your own preferences. Personally, I would not want to stay right by a pool because it would be too noisy for me (non-stop music and lots of people walking by). I would prefer a room at the far end of a hallway (with little foot traffic going by). We styed on the 4th floor of a 50s building (near Lady and the Tramp) where we could see the Epcot fireworks from the wlkway. It was awesome!

If you want to stay near the Food court and bus stops, request a room in the 70's building. They have parking for every section, but depending on the crowd, you may have a fair walk.

Pop bus transportation, to me, has a lot to be desired. For example, at the MK, the Pop stop is the furtherest away. It consist of 2 queues of 6 rows. It took us over 45 minutes to load after wishes last July. We stayed at CSR last weekend and CSR only has 2 rows in its queue. The handicap access on the CSR bus broke down, so they had another one there in 5 minutes. A few minutes later a second bus was there and the rest of us loaded. As we were leaving, both Pop queues were full. (We only saw one Pop bus come through while we were waiting.)

The food court is loud but the food is good. Chicken fingers, pizza, etc. Your typical counter service.

They do have on site self parking, but parking at Pop can be a nightmare. It's easy to get around WDW in your own car. Just follow the big purple signs. The food court is big and noisy. The food is edible, well some of it is. The 50's A bldg is very close to the main bldg and parking. The 50's also has a pool.

::yes::, they do have free parking at the resort. We prefer the Disney transportation when we go to WDW. We're too exhausted from walking everywhere to worry about finding our way back to the resort. The 70's and 80's are nearest to the bus stop. The 70's do not have a pool, so it'll be a little quieter than the other areas. If you want near the Food Court, the 60's would be a good choice.

I drove from NY with 3 kids and stayed at POP 50's section. The parking was on the inconvienent side. I was so tired from being in the car that I always used the buses which were great! I loved the resort, and my kids and I loved the food court. I would'nt pay for a preferred section, since it is too close to the main pool, which can be noisy. I would just ask for the 50's section that is by the "Lady and the Tramp". that section was closer for parking, anf the lobby, but still quiet. Have a great trip!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter