• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century

florida sun

Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe!
Hi

Can anybody give me some information on the Pop Century Resort, This will be our 4th time to Florida but our 1st to this hotel.
We have always stayed at the All Stars before but we fancied a change. I know they are both very similar but it is a slight change of scenery. What are your thoughts.

Thanks

Sue

We usually stay at All Stars but just got back last week from Pop. They are basically the same except Pop has 4 floors instead of 3.

I read that the bus service was better at Pop but I'd have to say its about equal....maybe a slight advantage to All Stars.

We usually like to stay away from the noise so we ended up with room 3436 (by request)...50's building, 4th floor on the lakeside with a view of Spaceship Earth, straight ahead and TOT to the left. We were very happy and plan on asking for that room next year.

There is a thread for this resort under the faq at the top of the resort page. It is a very long thread but it has everything and more that you could possibly need to know.

Hey Florida Sun...339 days until you go? That would make it next summer. What day are you arriving? We'll be there then too.....don't take my room!

:bounce:

DizGeek, we asked for the 70's building, as we wanted a quiet room. Your location sounds very good. Do you know if the 70's building would also be a quiet area? After reading your post, I'm wondering about our request. We'll be leaving on Friday, the 17th. Thanks!

Donna

Hi

Thanks for all the info sounds great.

DizGeek- We arrive for 3 nights on the 18th August, we are then doing the Disney cruise for 4 days then back again to the Pop for another 7 days, when are you going? I will try not to steal your room(lol)

Sue
:wave: :wave2:

DJT, my wife and I looked at a map of the resort and tried to find a room that was far enough away but still had a pool and was close to the food court. We liked the lake and wanted a fourth floor corner. We ended up faxing a request with a map drawn on it pointing out the room we'd like. When we checked in we got the exact room we asked for! So faxing does work. Again, its room 3436. We loved it. I didnt spend any time at the 70's section. There isnt a pool there and I dont think you'll be able to see Spaceship Earth because it faces a different direction. I can however say that the 90's section is very far away and maybe quieter. We went over there one day and there were only 2 people in the pool.

Originally posted by florida sun
Hi

Thanks for all the info sounds great.

DizGeek- We arrive for 3 nights on the 18th August, we are then doing the Disney cruise for 4 days then back again to the Pop for another 7 days, when are you going? I will try not to steal your room(lol)

Sue
:wave: :wave2:

Looks like we'll be arriving when your on the cruise....hmmmm, I better get my fax ready.
:teeth:

Thanks for the info, DizGeek. We won't use the pool so we don't need one near our building/room. We just need to be close to the bus stop and in a quiet area. DH is a light sleeper. I have read that the 90's building is farther away and we didn't really want that. Having a view of Spaceship Earth and the lake sounds nice. Do you have the fax number handy? Thanks a bunch.

Here's Pops fax- 407-938-4040.

I faxed 4 days before check in. If you do ask for that room and get it, let me know your thoughts when you get back.

Good luck and have fun.

I'm going to fax my request this week and ask for that very room, 3436! By the way, do you have a phone number for Pop Century? Although we have cell phones, I still like to leave the phone number of our hotel with my sons and their wives. I don't know, I guess it's just a first born thing! Thanks for all the info, DizGeek. I appreciate it!

Donna

407-938-4000 for Pop directley but just remember 407-wdisney...this number will get you anywhere.

Hey DizGeek-

Just wondering - is room 3436 considered a preferred room(more$$) because of the lake view? What area is it located in? 50's??

Thanks alot-

Tracy::MinnieMo

Originally posted by gonigam91
Hey DizGeek-

Just wondering - is room 3436 considered a preferred room(more$$) because of the lake view? What area is it located in? 50's??

Thanks alot-

Tracy::MinnieMo

There are no "Preferred Rooms" -- only "Preferred Buildings" which are the 1960s.

What building is 3436 located in?

At one time i did see a map / layout of the POP rooms....does anyone know where i can find it? Was it on this board?

TIA!

DizGeek, hopefully this will be my last question to you. Is that room non-smoking? We will need a non-smoking room. Thanks for all the info!

Donna

3436 would be in 50's building C (The Tramp building)

I just got back from a stay in 3406. Our room was non-smoking. It looked like all the rooms on that floor were non smoking.

edited: The correct building is C.

How do I get a copy of the Pop's floor plan? We are going to be there in October and I would love to have it. We have never stayed at a value resort before and I hope we won't be disappointed. This is a Moms and kids trip only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter