Pop century

Even my kids are adults and we love it there as you can see below. Agree that the decades and all the decor is best appreciated by adults.

Suggestions:
- Book a standard lake view room. Saves money. Best view. Quiet rooms!
- If doing pool time go to the Bowling Pin pool. Always empty. Plenty of loungers. Not loud.
- Food Court is good but be sure to cross the bridge to AoA Food Court. Better food, more options. Served on real plates with real silverware.
- Check out all the shadowboxes in the lobby on the way off the bus one night. Some very cool stuff you'll remember.
- Walk at least the POP side of lake to read all the trivia from the years.

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that taking a walk around the hourglass lake area is nice, especially as the sun is setting. The room is basic, but comfortable. I'll be there in October.

When booking a Standard Room with a Lake View is there an option for the 'Lake View' or is that something you request/add later to the Standard Room when you do online check-in closer to your arrival date?

Thanks! And the picture is gorgeous!

Another question - are there mini-fridges in the room? I have been looking online and am getting contradicting info. Thanks again!

We have only been to the POP with adults! It was the resort we took my cousin to for her surprise 50th birthday, and we have been many times with my DH since! Last weeks trip was with DS who proposed to his girlfriend on the trip. As a PP has said, most of the decades are going to be appreciated by adults anyway! Don't miss all the framed memorabilia in the lobby. So much fun!

Heck no!!!! I am 53 and my husband is 55 and Pop Century is our favorite resort. Go along the lake and walk the path and see the signs for an event from every year from 1950 to 1999. Talk about where you were, what you were doing, where you lived. We laughed at the events that happened in our birth years, in our marriage year, in our children's birth years. And that was with our son, daughter-in-law and two grandkids. And before, with both sets of our parents. Look at the icons on the buildings and talk about those. We were laughing so much with our grandkids explained what a floppy disc on the 80s building was because they have no idea. It' so much more than buildings and stuff - it's the conversations you can have with all ages. Rubiks Cube - you actually had to hold that thing in your hand, there were no Easter Eggs and no "retry" and nothing on a phone. Foosball. A yo-yo (which these days can't even be taken into a school).

I love this! Unfortunately, the mr. And I were born in the early 90s, so there's not much to remember for the other decades..
But my parents!! Born in the 50s, they will have a blast walking down memory lane! I'm definitely going to tell them about this so they have some bonding time activities to do together :love2:

As you can see from my ticker, my late DH and I stayed at POP 4 times, starting when we were well into our 50's. We always liked it, never felt out of place. There is a lot to be said for saving money.

Even my kids are adults and we love it there as you can see below. Agree that the decades and all the decor is best appreciated by adults.

Suggestions:
- Book a standard lake view room. Saves money. Best view. Quiet rooms!
- If doing pool time go to the Bowling Pin pool. Always empty. Plenty of loungers. Not loud.
- Food Court is good but be sure to cross the bridge to AoA Food Court. Better food, more options. Served on real plates with real silverware.
- Check out all the shadowboxes in the lobby on the way off the bus one night. Some very cool stuff you'll remember.
- Walk at least the POP side of lake to read all the trivia from the years.

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

All of this is excellent advice from a POP veteran who knows exactly what's what. Completely agree with it all. Enjoy your stay.:-)

When booking a Standard Room with a Lake View is there an option for the 'Lake View' or is that something you request/add later to the Standard Room when you do online check-in closer to your arrival date?

Thanks! And the picture is gorgeous!

You get two requests at online checkin. Your booking category is "Standard".

Thank you! What other room request would you make besides Lake View? Building or Floor? Which Building/Floors are best in your opinion?

Lake view will be in the 50's, 60's and 70's. All are good. Our favorite is 50's so we ask for 50's & Lake View. We prefer higher floors and that has always happened without requesting because I think the first floor is a popular request. With elevators it doesn't matter and the upper floors are quieter.

- 60's put you right by the main pool, bridge to AoA and main hub, but for us it's the longest walk to a car. We drive (and I pack too much) and it's often just myself & DS who is disabled.
- 70's is a pretty area but only section without a pool. Stayed there and loved it since we were located at end by 60's but again for us our walk to car was long.
- 50's is our favorite and where I took that picture. We have stayed here the most. From upper floors in some spots you can see Wishes, Illuminations and DHS fireworks. Illuminations is close so you hear all the big booms. The bowling pin pool is right there and even from the back side our walk to the buses/food court is only 5 minutes.

This shows Preferred rooms as Red. Now added are Standard Pool which would be the rooms next to the red facing the pool. Less than Preferred but I still wouldn't want pool side. The rest is standard.

pop-century-map.jpg

A standard lake view room is a great view for a standard value room. We love it here for a budget trip. The food court is good and you can cross the bridge to access AoA's grounds for picture ops and another food court.

The buses are quick and efficient. The rooms are comfortable and have everything that you need. It is a tremendous place to stay, especially if you aren't planning to spend a lot of time at the resort.

I would (and probably will) happily stay here again.
I agree with you! These are all the reasons I am choosing to stay at Pop for my first solo trip!

Lake view will be in the 50's, 60's and 70's. All are good. Our favorite is 50's so we ask for 50's & Lake View. We prefer higher floors and that has always happened without requesting because I think the first floor is a popular request. With elevators it doesn't matter and the upper floors are quieter.

- 60's put you right by the main pool, bridge to AoA and main hub, but for us it's the longest walk to a car. We drive (and I pack too much) and it's often just myself & DS who is disabled.
- 70's is a pretty area but only section without a pool. Stayed there and loved it since we were located at end by 60's but again for us our walk to car was long.
- 50's is our favorite and where I took that picture. We have stayed here the most. From upper floors in some spots you can see Wishes, Illuminations and DHS fireworks. Illuminations is close so you hear all the big booms. The bowling pin pool is right there and even from the back side our walk to the buses/food court is only 5 minutes.

This shows Preferred rooms as Red. Now added are Standard Pool which would be the rooms next to the red facing the pool. Less than Preferred but I still wouldn't want pool side. The rest is standard.

pop-century-map.jpg

This is very helpful. Thanks so much!

We have a trip booked in September. My husband, myself and my sister in law are going September 22nd-30th and my in laws are joining us from the 25th through the 30th. We originally wanted Coronado springs or Caribbean beach but opted for pop Century to save a little money. I'm worried it might be a little kiddish for 5 people over 19. How was your experience with PC? Any special tip or tricks about this resort? Would love to hear anything

Update- I guess kiddish wasn't the right terminology for a Disney trip (since I'm a big kid at heart lol). But my father in law wanted the moderate and we ended up having to do POP instead. So I was just curious what older generations had to say about it and personally I prefer the total in your face Disney immersion and I was a little worried this place lacked that :) but it does sound like a great place. Thanks for the comments and I Look forward to anymore tips anyone has :)
As part of an "older generation" :) I can say it's not so much kiddish as it is nostalgic. We've stayed several times at POP and the icons really bring back fond memories for us from our youths. I think if your in-laws look at it in that perspective they will be pleased. If not then bah humbug :)

Mum is 68 and never wants to stay anywhere else we have done one nighters at other resorts like AKL and I quote, "it is lovely but too quiet for me" she said, could not get her off the balcony! She missed the colors, people and children running around laughing and screeching with delight!!

We are booked at POP in 2 weeks for our vacation (my third stay at POP and it will be my other half's first stay on property) super excited. We booked a preferred room, hoping to get a corner room with the big window as I have big plans for decorating our window and door. I LOVE POP! I'm a pop culture nut and hearing the 90's and 80's music on the bus going back to the resort is so fun to sing along to. Not to mention I love the shadow boxes in Classic Hall near check in. Gives me a good nostalgic kick.

We are booked at POP in 2 weeks for our vacation (my third stay at POP and it will be my other half's first stay on property) super excited. We booked a preferred room, hoping to get a corner room with the big window as I have big plans for decorating our window and door. I LOVE POP! I'm a pop culture nut and hearing the 90's and 80's music on the bus going back to the resort is so fun to sing along to. Not to mention I love the shadow boxes in Classic Hall near check in. Gives me a good nostalgic kick.

I don't think the corner room windows are any different than the other rooms. Still big enough to decorate though.

Good to know!!! Was a bit fuzzy on the windows at POP as its been a while since we've been there. Thanks Hopper Fan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter