• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century

kjbau

Earning My Ears
Ok - I just got back from vacation and we stayed at Pop. Have I been asleep or something but I totally missed any info that the food court took away all the Icee machines and the Twinkie Tiramisu!?!?! They were 2 of our favorite reasons for visiting that resort. Very sad to see them gone!! :confused::sad2::confused::sad2:

I don't have any input on the topic but that twinkie Tiramisu sounds good. I did like the tye-dyed cheesecake though. Didn't think I would but it became one of our favorites when we stayed.

There was plenty of info (mostly on the resort board) that the slushee machines had been removed and replaced by iced tea machines. The Twinkie Tiramisu, I believe, was a victim of the trans-fat ban. Some posters here have set me straight that they still have tie-dyed cheesecake.

I miss the tie dyed bread, pb and marshmallow sandwiches. They don't have those anymore either do they? I like the tie dye cheesecake....we eat cheesecake at about every cs LOL I hate to hear they got rid of the icee machines...my kids LOVED those. Oh well, my husband will be happy that they put in iced tea machines.....wait, it's not sweet is it? He makes me a sweet iced tea every morning and evening and he has it down to a science now....but I'm sure he probably gets tired of making them for me and the machines would be a welcome change. I bet they aren't sweet tea machines though....no where (except McDonalds) had the sweet tea.

I was at POP less than a month ago. There is definitely still tie-dye cheesecake. No twinkie tiramisu, icees, or pb & marshmallow sandwiches.

I recall the tea machines being unsweetened. Not 100% sure, however.

I have read about the frozen coke machines being gone. I'm going Nov 30th for the first time since they've been removed and I'm afraid I won't like Pop as much. BUT we'll be on the DDP so I'll have to use snack credits to get frozen coke in the parks and I do like ice tea....

There last week and YES there was SWEET tea in the machines. Pretty cool machine, there were four flavors I think, you select which flavor you want and out it comes. The sweet wasn't extremely southern sweet but it still hit the spot !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter