• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

POP Century

aeisler1

Earning My Ears
Got back from a 8 day trip on the 24, and let me tell you, I will never stay at the Pop Century again!!! I got out of the hospital one day before we left with an acute asthma attack and probably should not have gone but we did. It was mine and my daughters 3rd trip but took my 3 neices and my mother on their first. I kept getting sicker while I was there could not figure out why. Well finally did, we opened the curtains and there was so much dust accumulated on the windows and on the ledge above the bed it was horrible. The vents were completely covered. Also no towel animals, even though we left a note. Our luggage was to be delivered to our room by midnight, and finally I called the next day and it was delivered by 9:30. Also I am from Pittsburgh and had an a very expensive Steeler Jersey (superbowl) that ended up missing. Well, after that, we called the manager. He came inspected the room and was very upset at the condition of the cleaning. He also took down the info about the jersey, but I know I will never hear anything from them. I also got the email of where to send customer complaints. Anyone ever used this before. It was a very disappointing trip. But the parks and weather were fantastic!!!! I will just stay somewhere else next time. Thanks, Annie :cheer2:

Sorry your stay was not enjoyable. Hope your next trip is better. :thumbsup2

Sorry you had a rough time with the room and your jersey went missing.. We got back from Pop last week and loved it.. We have stayed at ASMo twice and Caribbean Beach once and wanted to try Pop.. Our room was always cleaned very nice.. no towel animals, but perhaps not everyone that works there knows how to make them.. we did have a few days where the animals were arranged very cute.. We arrived around noon and when we returned to the room at the end of the day our bags were there

Here is a picture of what they did with the animals..
HPIM1021_331.jpg

I opened the curtains several times and didnt notice anything..

Im doing a solo trip in September and plan on staying there again as my camera broke 4 days into my trip and I want to get some more pictures of the resort..

sorry you had a bad time there, last May when we stayed there it was great clean room, towel animals our maid was super nice always greeted us with a big smile and hello! Only problem we had was our light in the bathroom stopped working I called a guy came up said it was fixed, about 20 mins later was not working again called back, he came again then fixed it right. Other then that everything was great we are staying again this May there.

It sounds to me like you had a very bad maid. With the number of people who work at WDW there are bound to be some bad apples. Fortunatly they are not the majority.

I also did not like Pop Century. Not because of the cleaning, but the noise!! Maybe it was just because we had a corner room, but it was really noisy. The walls seemed like they were paper thin and heard everything outside the room - even woke us up in the middle of the night!! Good thing it didn't wake the kids, that would have set me off.

It's at least equally possible (but actually more likely) that the shirt 'went missing' in conjunction with your flight, NOT as a result of anything that occurred with DME or Pop Century. It's always a good idea to pack valuables - usually medication, travel documents, electronics, etc, but also anything you need to bring with you when you travel but can't afford to lose in your carry-on luggage. Over three million pieces of luggage were misdirected by the airlines last year alone, and 200,000 of those disappeared completely.

I'm sorry about your stay at Pop. We've never stayed there but from what I've read on here its hit or miss on the service there.

I'm sorry about your jersey also, that stinks!

In all the trips, we've made to WDW, we got 1 towel animal and that was last September at the CR. They must be jealous of us Pittsburgh people. ;)

Sorry your stay was bad at the POP. We stayed there last year and liked it a lot

I'm really sorry you had such bad experiences at POP. I have stayed there twice and so far have been very happy. Mousekeeping can be hit or miss at any of the resorts. I had the worst at the Polynesian. Both times I was at POP, I saw a multitude of the towel animals in the windows as I passed by, but never in our room. Seems only some of the maids can do them.
I have had rooms on both the ground level and the third floor and have yet to have a noise issue. That could change for my visit in May...hope not.
We all have different experiences. I just hate to hear when someone has had a less than 'magical' time based on something that could be prevented, such as less than stellar housekeeping or possibly theft. No excuse for that.

Sorry you had a bad time.. We have stayed twice - once last April and again for Thanksgiving in November and loved it! Exceptionally clean rooms etc...

We have stayed at Pop about 5 times now and always have good experience. Yes, sometimes it does get noisey, esp. if you get noisey neighbors (not really disney's fault). As for the dust, I usually inspect my room no matter where I stay. On one trip I noticed the vent at Pop was very dusty. We called housekeeping and asked them to change the filter. They did and all was well. Probably the worse room I ever had as POR. There was more than an inch of dust on the ceiling fan. My husband took the bathroom vent cover off and cleaned it, as you could no longer see the holes. If I ever wake with a headache, that usually calls for a careful inspection of my room. I'm sorry the OP had a bad experience. They aren't always bad and when they are bad, they do not discriminate....it can happen in Value rooms and delux rooms....unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter